derek's fault

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Of course not."

"You're worried about drowning? Did you notice the thing out there with multiple rows of razor sharp teeth?!" Stiles snapped.

Ryder rose a shaky hand, immediately clamping back down on Austin's shoulder, "I did."

Derek grew increasingly frustrated with the lack of common sense in the room, "Did you notice I'm paralyzed from the neck down in eight feet of water?"

"I noticed." Austin responded.

"You know, we probably wouldn't even be in this situation if it wasn't for you Hales and your stupid need for being in control of everything."

"Ryder, now is not the time."

"I think now is the perfect time." Austin defended, suddenly feeling the anger radiating off the girl glue to his side.

Stiles shrugged, "I don't think there will ever be a perfect time, might as well get it out now."

"This isn't my fault." The alpha tried.

"Everything is your fault. That little asshole is roaming around because of you, because you're a hypocrite."

"How am I a hypocrite?" He looked to the boys for help, only to received winces and grimaced faces in response.

"You killed Peter supposedly because he was killing and turning innocent people, and now you're doing the exact same thing."

Derek sighed, "It's not the same—"

Stiles cut the man off before he could dig himself a bigger hole and continue to embarrass himself. The Stilinski had known from experience that Ryder could argue for hours on end and win. The last thing he needed was for her to piss him off enough by making him lose the argument.

He did a quick look around the area, "Okay. I don't see it."

"I see it." Austin's voice quickly stopped him from going further.

"Where?"

"Right there, you idiot."

"I'm not liking all this sass you're giving me today." Stiles grumbled.

"What's it waiting for?"

"An opportunity." Ryder said lowly, her brown eyes glaring at the creature as it stared back at her, unmoving.

That is, until the splash from Stiles moving his arm caught its attention. The lizard hissed, crawling forward, only for its hiss to turn into one of pain.

"Wait, did you see that? I don't think it can swim."

•••

"Okay. Okay, I don't think I can do this much longer." Stiles groaned, his eyes settling on the disregarded phone that he tossed before it could get wet in the pool.

"No, no, no." Derek repeated, catching the attention of the pair that had their heads resting against each other in boredom, "Don't even think about it."

Stiles seemed annoyed at Derek's reaction, "Would you just trust me this once?"

"No."

"I'm the one keeping you alive, okay, have you noticed that?" He shouted back.

"Good Lord." Austin mumbled. The blue eyed teen could only handle the arguments for so long before they lost all amusement. His hands were wrinkly and he wanted out of this damn pool.

"Yeah. And when the paralysis wears off, who is gonna be able to fight that thing, you or me?"

"Ryder." The human responded, not thinking as he just wanted something to prove Derek wrong.

The girl chuckles, "No, thanks."

"You don't trust me I don't trust you. You need me to survive, which is why you are not letting me go."

Stiles seemed to ponder his words for a moment, sending Austin an apologetic look before letting Derek go.

The George teen wanted to question why he did that, only to then feel himself get tugged down by the weight of Derek's arm around his shoulder.

"Stiles!"

•••

"I am worried."

"We should be." Aaron nodded at his wife, "She left with Stiles Stilinski and a boy we don't know."

"We know Austin."

"You know Austin. I've barely had the chance to speak with him since he's stolen our girls heart."

Romona smiled, the beautiful sight falling off her face at the teen that was running hurriedly toward them.

"Scott McCall."

"Hello, ma'am, sir." He spluttered, "I uhm- I need help. Ryder, and Stiles, and Austin were attacked."