Chapter .8

"Of all creatures that can feel and think, we women are the worst treated things alive." —Euripides, Medea

°•¡○●°•¡○●°•¡○●°•¡○●°•¡○●°•¡○●°•¡○●°•¡○

TW: the following actions may be upsetting for some readers BLOOD, VIOLENCE, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES AND ACTIONS (by a side character)

Naomi pov, same day, science class

Anyway, I hate Dolphins now. In science class they are working on marine biology presentations and the person sitting next to me was working on dolphins and they told me that they are able to rape people and have in fact done it before, and to like every other species that they can get there hands on. 

You give an animal a brain…

I shake my head disappointedly as I leave the classroom. That was my last class of the day and I’m supposed to meet up with Pearl for extracurricular classes upstairs. The paper that girl gave me told me what the violent arts class was about. Basically they teach how to shoot a gun, knives, staffs, and fists, they also teach archery and basic tactics in battle. 

I already know how to shoot a gun and knives with some tactics in battle but I have never led a team or used a staff before so I wonder how this class will go. When I signed up yesterday Dexter delivered my gym kit to me but said it wasn’t mandatory until they said it was, apparently their other schools we compete with so this kit was to identify what team you are on. The other school is located in India and the next one is in Australia. Europe and America basically share the same one. 

I jump when a hand lands on my shoulder and I grab the hand before squeezing painfully, I hear a yelp and a kick lands on my shin. I don’t let go when I see Pearl staring at me. When I turned around with a red face I immediately let go. 

“I’m so sor–” I start but she cuts me off and she shakes out her hand. 

“No, I should do no better than to sneak up on someone in an assassin school, much less part of a mafia.” 

I try to apologize again, though she tells me it was fine and leads me to the classes upstairs. 

“Okay this is where we part.” Pearl stands in front of some glass doors and I see some girls practicing something that looks like fight dancing (is that a thing?) behind it. I nod and enter my own room seeing it to be a very large gymnasium with mats strewn around and a wall full of long sticks and multiple first aid kits. 

I walk into the female locker room and open my phone to see which locker number I was, number fifteen. I walk to it to see a ginger girl pulling a shirt off her head to reveal a sports bra and she smiles at me when she sees me looking. I smile back half heartedly and open my locker to put my school bag inside and a water bottle before changing my shoes to some skechers. I switched my school skirt for a black workout one with some connected shorts and a black tee instead of the blazer and work shirt. Thankfully I usually wear sports bras anyway so I don’t need to change that. I look up after putting my phone away to see the ginger looking at me and narrow my eyes.