I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, looking at certain files that had crosses draw in red ink across their photographs. Why were they here? One in particular caught my attention of my friend and former colleague, Yeji.

"Why are you in my office?" I dropped the file as I flinched at the sound of Jennie's voice behind me.

Startled, I spun around as I picked the file up from the ground. "I just.. the door was unlocked, Rosé was in here. I'm sorry."

"It's fine, let's go." She took Yeji's file quickly from my hands and placed it back on the desk before taking my hand to lead me towards the door.

"Wait.. why do you have the YSJ files?" I asked but she just shrugged.

"It's nothing."

"You have Jisoo's, Rosé's, this is Red Velvet, Aespa, Twice, even the production assistants and management-" I listed each idol and group until Jennie suddenly huffed in annoyance.

"Lili, it doesn't concern you. Let's go." As she pulled me to the door, it was then I saw a photograph of me papercliped to a file on top of a shelf in the corner.

I pulled my hand free from Jennie's hold as I picked up the document. "Wait... this one is mine."

"I said let's go. Let's not spoil tonight. This doesn't have to concern you, Jagiya." She tried to take it away but I kept it firmly in my grasp, flicking through the pages on after another. Every detail of my life written in paper.

"It does since this one has my name on it. It's confidential, why do you have this?" I muttered feeling a sense of anger and annoyance building within me, reading through each page as Jennie remained silent.

"Jennie!" I yelled at her in frustration when she ignored my question.

"It's an archieve to ensure the group stays at the top, okay?" She stated so casually.

I stared at her blankly in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I keep the files for reference. When someone is no longer contributing to the team or they're seen as competition to us, I know their strengths and weaknesses." My eyes went wide, she was exploiting the system for her own advantage.

"Why? That doesn't make any sense?"

As she reached onto the table, she took out a red pen with a list of idol names crossing each one off with no hesitation. It was like she was obsessed with fame, with being the best. "It isn't easy to stay at the top and it's an awfully long way to fall.I'm just ensuring we don't."

It was then I noticed Yeji's name again and everything started to become clear. "Wait.. what about our new dance coachs and Yeji?"

"The dance team didn't compare to the high standard we need so I got rid of them and as for Yeji or whatever her name is... she was dismissed because I didn't like her attitude. It wouldn't help the success of the group." Her tone was casual as she laughed at their misery like she didn't care at all.

"What attitude? She was a really nice person-"

"Well you would say that wouldn't you! She was always flirting with you. Just like you do with Jisoo." Jennie yelled, making me flinch at her rapid mood change.

"She was fired because you were jealous? That's ridiculous!" I yelled back but she just glared at me. Still, I didn't back down.

"What about the new idol groups? The rumours that ended their debut before it started. Was that you too?"

There was a devilish smile on her lips like she enjoyed the power she had over everyone. "There was speculation they'd rival our popularity. Rosé dealt with things to ensure the groups disbanded so it's fine."