CHAPTER 10

Wednesday 5pm (2 weeks later)

Lisa's P.O.V

A month after our first mv and a second was soon released. We watched as our songs gained in popularity as attention on campus at YSJ continued to soar.

Today there had been a large fan meeting at a mall in the center of Seoul. We'd anticipated a good turn out but nothing could compare for the cheering and groups of fans who queued up in their thousands just to see us.

 We'd anticipated a good turn out but nothing could compare for the cheering and groups of fans who queued up in their thousands just to see us

As we continued signing autographs, I'd noticed Jisoo and Rosé laughing and talking cheerfully. They seemed to have been spending a lot of time together and as such Jisoo and I had spent more time apart. Jennie said it was natural, that they were working out their differences but something sinister still worried me as it played on my mind. It bothered me more than it should.

As another fan approached the table, she seemed to be a big fan of me from the t-shirt she was wearing and the poster in her hand. It was always an amazing occasion to see how happy we made our fans, the training and endless schedules seemed all worth it to be able to pursue a career I could only have ever dreamed of.

One of the apprentices called Yeji, a positive and intelligent girl new addition to the team seemed eager to impress. She handed me an iced tea nervously as this was still only her second week on the job. She too had a passion for music and we'd often talk about our shared interest in dance. She was noticeably pretty and had a creative flair for song writing with hopes that one day she too would be accepted to train to be an idol.

As she gave me the drink, I took a small sip and gave her a thumbs up from afar as she smiled widely before checking on the others.

We continued to take photos and sign more autographs for the next few hours until it was finally time to leave. Waving at the audience, the music played us out as we made our way back to the comfort of the private minivan that was waiting outside to take us back to the dormitory.

The next few weeks were expected to be busy as we'd be working alongside other girl groups for a large upcoming concert to showcase the next biggest talent from YSJ. I was excited to meet other artists and get to know idols that were going through the same experiences as us.

"Jennie, what's wrong?" I asked after we finished dinner and we're sat late that night in Jennie's room. She'd been silent since we got back from the fan signing event and in the short time we'd been dating, I knew her silence was never a good thing.

"You were ignoring me all afternoon." She muttered, without sparing me a glance as she fixed her hair in the mirror.

"We were at the fan meeting? I wasn't ignoring you." I replied in confusion.

"You gave all your attention to everyone but me. Some more than others..."

"I didn't mean to-"

"You didn't even sit next to me on the journey home." She complained, slouching down to sit on the bed with her back resting against the headboard.