CHAPTER 14

Wednesday 11:30pm (1 week later)

Lisa's P.O.V.

It was New Years Eve as the 4 of us celebrated the start of a new era. We sat at Jennie's house watching the fireworks from the window illuminating the sky. Having just finished a group video greeting for our fans, we shouted happy new year and could finally enjoy the rest of the evening in peace.

A few glasses of champagne later, we danced in the lounge as Rosé had her arm around Jisoo on the couch. The 2 of them had been flirting for the past couple of days much to my annoyance. I still felt Rosé was being deceitful to Jisoo, she hadn't changed.

Tapping me on the shoulder, I spun around to see Jennie smiling. As always, she instantly captured my attention. We took several photos together as Jennie scrolled through each one cheerfully on her phone.

 We took several photos together as Jennie scrolled through each one cheerfully on her phone

She looked so beautiful, she always did as she wrapped her arms loosely around my neck. The taste of champagne lingering as swayed to the music.

"Happy New Year, Lili. I love you."

"I love you too, Jen. Happy New Year." I replied, as we continued to dance into the early hours of the morning. The past few days I'd been so happy, we'd become closer and I smiled as I reminisced about the special moments between us.

After an hour or so, Jennie fell asleep in my arms on the large, comfy recliner chair. I brushed her hair gently, watching as she slept so peacefully. Across from us, I noticed Jisoo too had also fallen asleep on the couch. I chuckled, it was nice that we could have this time away from campus to unwind.

Gently, I struggled free of Jennie's hold as I wandered across to the kitchen. Pouring myself a glass of water, it was then I noticed Rosé silently exiting the forbidden room that Jennie had avoided talking about.

She didn't notice me as she closed the door but didn't lock it and proceeded to go to her own room that was located along the hallway. When she was out of sight, I crept across the hallway and opened the door to reveal the mystery within.

Strangely, it was just like an office. It didn't seem in any way unusual but then why had Jennie been so adamant that I wasn't to be there? There was a large desk in the center of the room and it surrounded by filing cabinets, one after another.

There were no windows, the room was in complete darkness as I reached for the light switch and suddenly noticed the files scattered across the desk. Behind it was a whiteboard full of plans to drive the success of the group, every tour date and practice schedule pinned up on the board with specific timings and locations.

They were from YSJ as indicated by the watermark in the corners, one for every idol and member of the team that had passed through the idol training program. It had every detail from the idols medical records to their family history. An account of their lives on paper.