CHAPTER 7

Saturday 5am (1 month later)

Lisa's P.O.V

It was an early start to the morning as I stirred in my sleep when a light tickling sensation brushed on my cheeks making me giggle.

"Goodmorning Lili." A cheerful voice woke me from my slumber as I yawned and adjusted my eyes to the light. It was then I saw a vision of perfection sat beside me on the edge of my bed.

"Jennie? Why are you here?" I tiredly asked, nervous by the close proximity as I looked tiredly around my new room.

She held up a cup in her hands and smiled warmly as the scent of freshly brewed coffee lingered in the air. "I made you coffee and I prefer your room to mine since you're in it."

Rolling my eyes, I turned on my side and slumped back into the sea of pillows. "It's too early for you to start teasing me."

Over the past several weeks since the official announcement of Blackpink's debut, a lot had changed rapidly. The attention we received from the other trainees was beyond belief, the rising publicity and extra training sessions were intense meaning long days of practice. Yet, there were rare opportunities were we could just relax in peace.

The 4 of us had moved into our shared dorm and had slowly become accustomed to one another's habits. Jisoo often stayed in her room playing video games whereas Rosé was often in the lounge on her guitar. Jennie on the other hand was usually found in the kitchen and had become used to cooking for the 4 of us. I tended to find my relaxing moments were spent exercising in our private gym or sleeping in late in the comfort of my room.

As I closed my eyes to sleep again, I felt Jennie shaking my arm suddenly. "Come on, wake up! We have a meeting with our manager at 8am and another vocal session before we go to the airport but I was thinking when we get to Japan you and I could spend some time together. Maybe tomorrow afternoon after the photo shoots we could go for lunch?"

Her feline eyes were full of hope and eagerness. This would be our first trip overseas as we continued to develop a platform for our international fan base. The launch of our debut single was expected shortly and all effort was going in to making sure our promotions made a big impact on the global Kpop community.

"Actually, I already made plans with Jisoo. She wants to go sightseeing but we can go the day after." I suggested but her hopeful expression quickly turned sour.

"No. I'd prefer tomorrow. I guess I can just go with you both." She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. Since meeting her, I'd realised Jennie was someone who's mood was difficult to predict. At times, she was so happy and generous whilst at other moments she'd suddenly become cold and aloof somewhat mysterious even.

"I mean... I'd have to check with Jisoo first but-"

"Why? It's not like you're going on a date with Jisoo, right?" Her emotionless gaze was almost hypnotic as I felt myself gulp in nervousness, shaking my head.

"No but-"

Clapping her hands together, she smiled widely and reached to the table to hand me my coffee. "Great! Then I'll join you both. Our first vacation together."

I took a few sips savouring the aromatic flavour. I would always usually only drink water first thing in the morning but Jennie did make the best coffee and I saw it as a special treat I could easily become used to. "It's not really a vacation? It's for promotions in Japan with the debut."

She shrugged her shoulders in thought. "Maybe it can be both."

"That would be nice. It's starting to all feel really real with doing promotions overseas. Even around campus, people are looking at me differently."