CHAPTER 6

Wednesday 4pm

Lisa's P.O.V

The blazing flashes of lights and sounds of cheering certainly took me aback as I stared out at the sea of paparazzi during our first group press conference with our group posters around the room.

Today was the day that Blackpink would be officially declared to the world as we prepared for our debut. For Jisoo and I, it was our first experience of stardom and it was like nothing else I could ever describe. As my eyes adjusted to the dazzling lights and constant smiles and small talk, I couldn't help but wonder if this was what our lives was now destined to become.

Despite my nervousness, I was beyond excited. For the past month, we'd continued to train in our choreography for long hours until late into the evening. Vocal sessions extended into the early morning and then there were etiquette sessions and meetings to help prepare us for life as idols. And yet despite all that, I don't think anything could have prepared me for that unique feeling I experienced as I sat on that very stage and began answering interview questions one after another.

It was clear from the start we each had our own unique personalities, that was how it always was and it never changed. Jennie took the lead answering the first few questions, in a calm and sometimes sophisticated yet shy manner. She never faulted and it amazed me how articulate she was.

Rosé on the other hand was more confident speaking with members of the foreign press. She was charming, sweet natured and naturally creative. Like whenever she performed on stage, she seemed so different than behind the scenes. Things between us had been tense as we often disagreed backstage but I'd learnt to stay professional and Jennie was often there to calm the situation.

As for Jisoo, she blossomed like a flower. She adapted well to training sessions, her visuals were flawless and she always made time to have personal space when I could sense things were becoming a little overwhelming for her. That especially seemed to be the case when she was around Rosé.

After their date night last month, she tried to keep her distance from the Australian beauty who strangely seemed the opposite persisting in finding ways to be around her. At times, I could tell Jisoo was uncomfortable but I didn't want to ask why as I knew it wasn't my place so instead I tried to more spend time with her and we quickly became the best of friends. It was as though I'd known her my entire life.

After the press interview, which was a huge success, we made our way back to the academy. Today was moving day, where the 4 of us would be now sharing the same dorm. With Jennie's reputation and the endorsements and expectations for Blackpink, we were provided with our own private accommodation on the far side of campus away from the other, newer trainee groups.

It was essentially a modern, detached house with 4 bedrooms, ensuite bathrooms, a state of the art kitchen, open plan lounge and a private gym. To my surprise, there was even it's own majestic garden that glanced out across beautiful, emerald green meadows and forest land in the distance.