crushing on finstock

Start from the beginning

"You've met him?!"

"What is the plan?" Romona asked.

Ryder turned to wave Stiles and Austin over, the Stilinski knowing this was his time to talk.

"We're stealing from Allison's grandfather."

"Stealing?"

"Gerard Argent?"

"That's the one." He nodded, "But it's fine, because it's for a good cause."

"Stealing is never fine—"

"Dad, please." Ryder raised her hand, the nicest way she could tell them man to be quiet.

Romona glanced between the three, "And Derek is not here? He can not mess anything up?"

"We can only hope." Austin cut in, "It would be kind of inconvenient for us and idiotic on his part, since we're after the same thing."

"Derek does not care about that. He will want to get there first and kill who ever this lizard is."

"Is that not what we want?"

"No." She shook her head, "Unless deemed absolutely necessary, you are to not kill anyone, Ryder. I could care less what the rest of them do, but you will not be labeled as a killer."

The teen nodded, completely fine with the idea of not killing someone. She did not want to turn out like Peter.

"Jenn's on the second row, closest to where the Coach is." She told her parents, "I wouldn't really try making conversation with her, she's busy worrying about other things. I'll call you if we need anything."

Before the couple could ask what she meant by 'other things', the three teens were running off to the principals office.

•••

Ryder was out of breath by the time they had made it there. The run wasn't even that far, she was just being dramatic.

"Less than two minutes." Stiles pointed out, "It took us less than two minutes to get here."

"I used to be a smoker, shut up." She defended herself.

"You've actually been doing a good job." Austin smiled at her, "I'm proud of you."

Her eyes lit up, "Thanks."

"You're a werewolf now, you would think your stamina would go up."

"Don't be a dick." She rolled her eyes, leaning against the desk as he and Austin rummaged around for the book.

"You could help, you know."

She hummed, "I could, but I won't."

"Hey, uhm—" The Stilinski stammered, "Lydia was crying earlier."

"Okay."

"Do you know—?"

"I don't. I don't speak to Lydia." She grumbled, her head suddenly snapping in the direction of the door, catching Austin's attention.

The teen was too focused on finding the bestiary to even pay attention to the conversation they were having. However, he had lost all interest in the book when he realized Ryder had sensed something.

"What's wrong?"

"That's wrong." She pointed.

Standing there, with a condescending smirk on her face, was Erica Reyes.

"Hello, Ryder."

"We're here too."

•••

"Hi, Derek." Ryder smiled, walking closely behind Erica, who had a firm grip on Stiles' ear.

"I told you not to bring her." Derek glared at Erica, tossing the basketball he had in his hand back and forth.

"Do you want to fight her off?"

"I heard my mom isn't too happy with you, right now." Ryder walked forward, not so softly, shoving Erica's hand away from Stiles.

"You brought your mom here?" There was slight quiver in his voice, only Ryder seemed to catch it.

"She's enjoying the game. But, she is a simple text away, so don't do anything stupid."

"What did you see at the mechanics garage?" His eyes settled on the Stilinski, who was still rubbing his ear that was now red with irritation.

"Uh, several alarming EPA violations that I'm seriously considering reporting." Stiles words trail off as Derek sticks his claws into the ball, successfully deflating it, "Holy God."

"That was so unnecessary." Austin tried to whisper, his words being caught by the wolves in the room.

"Let's try that again."

A/N: I ate shit at the pool today. Sorry for the late chapter, i'm convinced i'm concussed and all i did was scratch my ankle.