War of Unification part 2: seven days to the river Kresh

Start from the beginning

''Is he suicidal?'' Naruto asked.

''Don't underestimate him, Naruto.'' Daemon replied. ''I may not be as tactical as you but you sure need to swallow your pride, Naruto.'' he said and they engaged the pirate queen's brother in combat.

The two charged at their enemy and fought him. His combo of swift, aggressive strikes and wind jutsus was hard for even Naruto to keep track. Naruto shot a cero but Q'anah's brother had redirected it back to Daemon. The Blackfyre blocking just in time. Naruto went on the offensive to kill his enemy but Q'anah's brother managed to blow a wind gust at his face. Taking opportunity of his temporary blindness, Q'anah's brother stabbed Naruto in the stomach. The Uchiha grabbed his bleeding stomach and summoned the wing of his dragon armor to block his enemy's strikes. Naruto shot a second, much stronger cero and with great difficulty, Q'anah's brother blocked it.

''Daemon!'' Naruto shouted and threw his Narada to Daemon. The Blackfyre caught it and prepared to kill their enemy.

Q'anah's brother shot two wind jutsus and Daemon simply swung the swords, sending them flying away. Daemon charged as Q'anah's brother threw a ship engine at him. Daemon charged and the engine blew. He came out of the flames and engaged his enemy. Daemon's extremely hard and aggressive strikes were too much for the weakened man to deal with and Daemon struck him down. He fell down, dead, and Q'anah could feel her brother dying from far away. Other helicopters came down and Naruto's wound was treated.

''I made some... tactical errors. I will admit, I do need to really swallow my pride.'' Naruto admitted to Daemon. ''He was tough. Very tough and I will make sure not to repeat it.''

''We all make mistakes. We learn... and then we improve. A western proverb. There's always room for improvement, Naruto.'' Daemon told him.

''My lords, orders from Angband.'' the major general said to them as he approached the princes. ''They want us to attack Hierakanpolis.''

''Hierakanpolis?'' Daemon asked. ''In that case, we have to use Plan 37.''

''And what is Plan 37 exactly?'' Naruto asked.

''Plan 37 is also called, 'seven days to the river Kresh'. It is as it sounds.'' Daemon answered. ''Angband wants us to take our armies and take the Kresh river within seven days.''

''When it was first proposed, it was considered as mere wishful thinking but as Operation: Abyssal Rise was in development, Plan 37 was later incorporated in the event that Shamiryana fell easily.'' the major general went into further details, explaining it to Naruto. ''The plan will be to divide our forces into five attacking groups. A fast blitzkrieg to reach the Kresh river within just seven days. It was to cut off the water supply of our enemies and hopefully be able to reach Decapolis and Carathia much easier.''

''How do you propose we split our forces, major general?'' Naruto asked.

''Five groups, my lord. I think about 450k each will be enough to attack directly.'' the major general answered. ''Our armored units will have to be split equally and we will have to move at lightning speed. Our success will lie in our swiftness and ferocity.''

''Then, we should do it now and not waste anymore time.'' Naruto said and orders were given straight away. Plan 37 or 'seven days to the river Kresh' had begun.
______________________________________

                     -5 days later-

The plan had been set in motion. Naruto along with Daemon, the major general and other commanders had begun to march towards the river Kresh. Progress was good and they annihlated the poorly equipped and trained enemy troops in the first day. However, by the third, they met fierce resistance. On the fourth day, a desperate last stand by the enemies had killed lots of troops on Naruto's side. Even his Susanoo was overwhelmed a bit by their artillery bombardments. Then, an infantry, cavalry and tank charge in the last minute had resulted in Naruto losing more than 18k soldiers in just one day. On the fifth day, Naruto was leading his men in a trek and above the nearby cliff was a batallion of enemy troops.