Beauty in the Dark

And then everything went black.
~•~•~•~•~

I was completely swallowed in darkness. There was no difference if I had my eyes opened or closed.

It was pitch black.

Drip drip

The sound of water dripping in a puddle echoed into infinite nothingness. The only sound, other than that it was dead silent.

"Hello?" I called out to the abis. I decided to take a chance and move. Cautiously I took a step forward and still I couldn't see a single thing.

Slowly I continued on forward until a ghostly light appeared out of the dark. The closer I got the brighter the light became. A blur then formed into a body and then an image formed before my eyes.

It was me.

But I laid lifelessly on the ground, a deep scarlet red covered the majority of my being, it pooled and ran river of red. A gasp escaped my chest, a whisper of wind blew from behind. A cold chill ran through me and my body jolted, with a flash of light my eyes opened and adjusted my vision to a dark hospital room.

My breathing was heavy and the heart monitor seemed to beep faster at the pace of my beating heart. I settled my breathing and shaking body.

"You're awake." A deep voice sounded in the midst of the shadows of the room. Confusion knitted my brows as I tried to see within the dark. Slowly a shadowy figure stepped out of the darkness. Upon seeing who it was my heart dropped.

"Such a shame to see you like this cara mia." Cassio spoke a hand brushed his slick raven locks back with a sympathetic sigh. I thought he was hurt, I shot him. Right?

He didn't look hurt one bit, not a wound, not hurt at all. No blood, ripped clothes, or bandages. He had a change of clothes and looked clean like he presented himself everyday.

"Don't worry amore mio I disposed of the idiot that shot you." The heart monitor was going crazy even then Cassio stepped closer, standing over my hospital bed, towering over me. Still I lay speechless afraid of what Cassio has come to do. Get revenge?

"What's the matter tesoro surprised to see me, I'm not going to lie it hurt that you actually pulled the trigger but it's not the first time I've been shot." He said casually. Still I looked up at him with wide eyes my chest rising with each breathe.

"I've just come to make sure you're well cara mia." His hand reached out and caressed the side of my face with the back of two fingers looking down at me with an unknown expression.

"So I guess I better get going business calls see you soon tesoro." A devilish smile coated his lips before turning away. The second he disappeared through a door the other besides it opened. Charles rushed in with a panicked expression.

"Thank God you're awake what's wrong?" He said out of breath that's when I realized the heart monitor was still going crazy.

"Cassio." I managed to mutter out between breathes.

"What?" Charle's face went pale and searched about the room frantically but he saw nothing because Cassio was already long gone.

"Y/n there's no one here." Charles assured and only then is I was able to control my breathing.

"He was in here." I tried to explain but my throat felt so dry.

"There are a lot of people working for Cassio around but your father doubled the security while you're here at the hospital." He reasoned.

"Maybe you had a nightmare is all." Charles then opens the curtains to the dark room. I closed my eyes at the sunlight seeping through.

"Sorry, how are you feeling?" Charles stood by me.