025. family business

Start from the beginning

"A demon." Dean says. "The demon?"

"I don't know. Could be he just got careless, he slipped up. Maybe the demon knows we're getting close." John says.

"What do you want to do?" Dean asks.

"Now we act like every second counts. There's two hospitals and a health center in this county. We split up, cover more ground. I want records. I want a list of every infant that's going to be six months old in the next week." John demands.

"Dad, that could be dozens of kids. How do we know which one's the right one?" Sam asks.

"We check 'em all, that's how. You got any better ideas?" John asks.

"No." Sam says.

John nods and goes to get back in the truck, but stops.

"Dad?" Dean calls.

"Yeah. It's Jim. You know, I can't..." John trails off. "This ends now. I'm ending it. I don't care what it takes." He gets back in his truck and the siblings get in the Impala.

+++

Sam and Miranda walk out of the medical center, looking through their notebooks they took notes in and sharing them.

Sam suddenly stops, clutching his head.

"Sammy?" Miranda asks. "Hey, hey." She cups his face. "Hey, look at me."

"Yeah. Yeah, no, mm." Sam grunts, holding his head again.

"Sammy?"

Sam blinks as he comes out of his vision.

"A train." Sam whispers, taking out a map.

~ ~ ~

The two are in a park and Sam is checking the map. Sam suddenly gets another vision, grabbing his head again.

"Sammy. Hey." Miranda holds onto him while he squeezes his eyes shut. He stops after a bit.

"I'm fine." He mumbles. "I'm good." He assures.

Sam looks around at the houses across the street. He notices the woman from his vision walking a stroller down the sidewalk and towards the house he recognizes from the vision.

"Come on." Sam grabs Miranda's hand, leading her across the street.

"Hi." Sam greets the woman from his vision. "Here, let me hold that for you." He places a hand on the stroller. "You look like you don't need that anymore." He motions to the umbrella.

"Oh. Thanks." The woman smiles and closes her umbrella.

"She's gorgeous." Sam compliments the baby. "Is she yours?"

"Yeah." The woman nods.

"Oh, wow. Hi." Sam softly says to the baby. Miranda smiles a little, biting the inside of her cheek to avoid being too obvious. "Oh, sorry, I'm rude. I'm Sam, this is my girlfriend, Miranda. We just moved in up the block." He informs.

"Hi." Miranda shakes her hand.

"Hi, I'm Monica. This is Rosie." The woman informs.

"Rosie? Hi, Rosie." Sam greets the baby. Miranda's lips quirk a bit again.

"So, welcome to the neighborhood." Monica tells them.

"Thanks." They chorus.

"She's such a good baby." Sam says.

"I know, I mean, she... she never cries. She just stares at everybody. Sometimes she looks at you and I swear it's-- it's like she's reading your mind." Monica chuckles.