Chapter 43 - Ups & Downs

Start from the beginning

"Yes?"

"Mike, hey." it was Jake. Of course it's Jake, why am I not surprised?

"What do you need?" I asked flatly.

"I wanna to talk to Angie. Please, man. I gotta know she's okay."

"Of course she's okay. Why would I lie to you?"

"I never implied you would, but-"

I cut him off, "Exactly. She's doing just fine. Stop worrying and focus on yourself, get better."

"Why are you like this, Mike?"

"Excuse me?"

"The Mike I knew never spoke to his friends, to his family like that." he said.

"Well, my friends don't usually kiss my wife, right?" I snapped. "And like you said, I'm not your family. So stop calling me."

Angrily, I flipped the phone shut and handed it back to Andre.

"If Bill calls again, we're not here." I told him.

"Understood, sir." he closed the door behind him.

When I got back to Angela, she was still naked, waiting impatiently.

"Finally. Get in, now." she ordered calmly.

The second I was inside the hot tub, she straddled me, her body pressed firmly against mine.

As she kissed me, all I could think about was my conversation with Jake.

Am I being too harsh on him?

"Mike?" Angela called. "You do realize I'm naked, right? About to ride you? What's on your mind?"

"Jake was on the phone." I said.

Her hands dropped from my face. "Oh. Was it important?"

"No."

"What did he want?"

"To talk. But I told him we're busy. You think I'm being too hard on him?"

Her eyes read my expression. She would know exactly what to say.

"It doesn't matter what I think. You're the one hurt, Mike. Your feelings matter, too. If you don't want to talk to him, that's okay." my wife smiled sympathetically.

I looked down and nodded.

She cupped my face again, making me look at her.

"Now," she placed a gentle kiss on my lips. "Forget him, because if you don't make me cum soon, I might have to do it myself, and I really rather you do it..."

Taking my hand, Angela placed it on her boob, and moved to take me inside her, riding in a steady rhythm again.

~

We had another scheduled massage session, and Angela got a facial as well.

She looked so relaxed, which is exactly what I hoped for.

I was reading some contracts as she was being worked on. Glancing at her once in a while, I noticed she was falling asleep.

My phone suddenly buzzed on the side table next to me. Looking at it, it was Grace.

"Daddy!" AJ's voice screeched in my ear.

"Hi, baby girl," the smile automatically appeared at the sound of her voice. "What're you up to?"

"We swim!"

"Yeah? You having fun?"

"Yes. Mommy?" my daughter asked.