Chapter- 8

Chapter- 8

Vanessa's POV:

Next day,

I am really fearful, Mr. Morris asked me to his study. I am really worried.

What is that Monster planning?

I wore this black skirt to my knees and black top, every maid has this outfit to look posh I guess. They told me he is really hot headed and unpredictable.

I knocked and got in the study. But too my shock it is not a study, but like a hall, then at the end of it is a wooden door. Martha told me no one is allowed in his study, so... this is what they meant....

They call this place his study because it's close to his study room not exactly his study room.

But I noticed huge tv screen on the wall, an a sofa. It's more like a movie theater for one.

I saw his coming out of the room, with a night robe on, he was not wearing shirt, and I was thankful he got some pants on.

I greeted him as I was told before, "Good evening, Master."

He sat on the couch not looking at anything, his hands went through his hairs. He growled.

Then he asked me, "Understood your work?.... Martha told you what you are supposed to do...."

I whispered, "Yes."

He said, "Pour me some water." I don't want to be a maid.

But I still poured him some water. I couldn't stop myself from asking, "Why you want me to be your maid?"

He had glance at me, He smirked getting up. He said, "So... I really got a parrot for myself... always ready to talk not making sense... when she is not allowed to"

He was closer to me, I was just waiting for his answer. But why am I not supposed to ask doubts?

He stood closer to me, Like I can collide into him. I heard him, "Don't tell me.... You thought you will be my mistress when I got you.... thinking of which"

I cut his words, "Never.... I will never give myself to you!" I got angry.

His eyes darkened, he pushed me against the wall. He was sticking to me, while I tried to struggle. No!... This is not right!!!!!

I kept my face away from him as much as I can. I heard his warning, "This attitude will end your life"

He grabbed my hair making me look at him, I am shivering. He said, "I take you if I want.... You offered me your life.... It's not up to you now. But You are not what I want...." He left me with a jerk.

I was on floor in tears. I felt like my head was in tiger's mouth.

I whispered, "I... I..."

He warned, "Speak Clear!" I flinched.

I looked at him in tears saying, "I was saying, that I am an accountant... I am much more than just a maid."

He smirked sitting back on his place, He said, "You are going to be next head maid, and remember, any maid under you makes mistakes... You get punished for it. You need keep them in order if you want a easy life here."

Mr. Morris added, "You will also be there to follow every order I make, at last I own you." My feast tightened.

He said, "About your knowledge, in short you will keep track of expenses in mansion and you will be coming with me to my club here as my assistant."

I processed what he said, "I will not waste anything in you." He smiled as he said this.

Few days later,

I have been doing my part of job, it's like walking on egg shells. Like the wind is even afraid to make sounds.

I was cutting some vegetables for salad, when I saw the other maids doing rest of the cooking.

I heard their whispered, "Master really was in bad mood yesterday, I hope that doesn't happen today... I am really worried." Yea... right, I hope so.

Soon, they were whispering some one other things. I heard her saying, "Maybe Master is really son of him. How Martha worked all these years for these father son."

Father?

The other maid said, "Yea...Like maybe Alberto Morris was worst than Master."

Alberto Morris?.... His father?

Wait.... this is not true.

I whispered to them, "You mean the Alberto Morris they talk on news about, who was murdered by someone ... he was Mafia..."

The maid said whispering slowly, "Yes... You don't know. Master is only son of Alberto Morris."

Ha!.... I can't breathe. I heard that name when I was kid, like everyone know about him, and talk silently. He was biggest criminal in the world.

There are still some mentioning of him on news once in a while. But after he died everyone was like happy about it.

But Mr. Morris is his son, no wonder he is dangerous. But how Daniel got under bad radar of man as such. Mr. Morris said he has something against Daniel family that day.

Maybe because Daniel father is Commissioner, yea... that make sense.

Of course, criminals will hate the good police, and torture his family.

I heard the maid, "But have you known anything about Madam" I furrowed.

I asked, "Madam?"

The maid said, "Master's mother...." Who could be mother of such nasty creature?

The maid whispered, "No one knows.... No one mentions her here. Like there no single picture on the wall of Mr. Alberto or Master's mother...."

But maybe Martha knows, she is here before Mr. Morris's birth so she may know her. I really don't want to go into this.

If Morris is his surname then what is his name?

Should I ask?

Then Martha came there and warned, "Shut up and move your hands all of you!" I lowered my head cutting the vegetables.

I heard Martha, "These whispered will only cause you death." I shivered.

Author's POV:

"These whispered will only cause you death." Martha warned, this caused Vanessa to lower her head.

Martha walked away to her room. Soon she sat on the bed exhaling. She whispered, "Why does that girl remind me of you Silvia?"

She assured herself, "No, she will never be like Silvia. Young Master only wants her to work here... her faith is not like Silvia... It's better that way."

She whispered concerned, "But Silvia, what your Baby Seth turned into?.... At last nothing can change faith.... I wish Master Seth was as pure as when he was a kid."