I hang out and text the love of my life. 

Goodnight, baby. Sorry I've been away this whole week. 5th year is no joke, but now I'm over with it. See you guys at the rounds at 5:30 am. Don't be late or I'll have to report you. 

B: HA, funny man

B: Relax, I'll be there. 

B: I missed you this week

I missed more. Love you. 

I'm going to compensate you tomorrow. 

😏

B: 🤭🔥

B sends a photo. 

I open the photo and my buddy wakes up. It's just a small red pantie. It's going to be so tiny on her… I can't let this go without an answer. 

You will be the death of me, miss Shelton. 

You left me in a hard situation. 

You'll pay for it. 

Love u 

B: Love u more. 

B: Enjoy your hard situation. 

B: Counting down the minutes until tomorrow, good night. 

I lay in my king sized bed smiling like an idiot. It's not just the sex. Blake is a funny, smart woman. Even thinking she's different these days she keeps making me laugh with her sarcastic and cheeky mouth. 

4:30 am

My day starts with a great breakfast. While my coffee is on the machine, I quickly make some scrambled eggs, take the cheese and the ham out of the fridge and make a huge sandwich. 

It's my every morning routine, which annoys Blake. She doesn't understand how I can eat this much.

The thought makes me smile and I decide to text her. 

Morning, little B

I'm eating my pile of breakfast 

Tell me what you are having this morning

Don't sleep too much, I really need you guys in the rounds. 

See you soon. 

Of course she's still dreaming at this point, but I hope she gets there at 5:30 today. Chief already sent me my cases and I'm looking forward to asking them a bunch of questions to help them study for the intern test. So far their performance is more than satisfactory but we aren't taking any chances. The chief has a 99% rate approval and he expects us to keep this number. 

I take a sip of coffee and think about what dad told me yesterday. There are so many things I want to talk with Blake about but I'm scared to sound too rushed… 

I think it's time to tell her more about my past, my childhood memories and maybe even my frustrated relationships. If I want her to be my wife one day I have to trust her with my ghosts too. 

At  5 am I'm already parking my car. I go straight to the patients,  talk to them for a couple minutes and take the files in the nurse station so I can distribute it between the interns.