🌻1~ Cancelled

Stan's POV

I woke up from a continuous vibration from my phone. It was a call from the school. 5:29 Am. "School has been canceled today, October 2nd for large amounts of snow and icy roads." -beep- Oh. I guess we can sleep in then. I quickly lay back down and I look at the sleeping boy infront of me. His hair in his sleeping face. I put my arm around him and go back to sleep, hoping I can finish my dream.

The dream was about I and Kyle going bowling, there was very few people there and we both kept getting strikes, We tied overall and the employee was so amazed that we both got free corn dogs and drinks. It ended when we just got our food, so I hope I dream the same. And I did. I continued dreaming about bowling and after we ate we continued to try again. I woke up to a confused Kyle. "Dude, DUDE! We missed school!" he yells. "..mmm, no? It got canceled." I mumble. He looked at the window. "Oh." he said, getting back in bed. "I'll lay down for a while then." He said. "I'll probably get up." I said, rubbing my eyes.

I stretched as I stood up and I went to go shower. I grabbed a slip-knot shirt, some pajama pants, and boxers and opened the shower door, locking it and getting undressed. I turn on the hot water of the shower and grab my towel and washcloth out of the cabinet and hop in the shower. While I was there, I had a concert, singing random queen and Weezer verses. Once I got out, I wrapped a towel around my waist and grabbed my green toothbrush and brushed my teeth. I changed quickly and then headed back to my room. Kyle sat up in my bed and looked at me, "Morning, sleepyhead." I say, my hair wet. He giggled at me, "Your hair Stan.." he snickered. I look in the mirror and my hair is sticking up. "Oh." I say, fixing up my hair and sitting on the bed.

"So what do you wanna do today!" Kyle looked at me and I thought for a moment. "Wanna play basketball?" He looked at me, thinking for a moment. "Sure!" The park was a few blocks up the road and a few turns, but it wasn't far. Kyle changed into my clothes since he didn't bring any, he grabbed a tan The Rolling Stones Shirt, some jeans, and layered the shirt over a turtle neck and topped it off with his hat and jacket. While I just grabbed a jacket and some ear warmers. Kyle grabbed our basketball, then headed outside in the cold snow, walking towards the park. The sidewalk was snowed over but since we were wearing snow boots, it wasn't cold at all.

On the way, we listened to my old 80s playlist. The nostalgic feeling restored some of my childhood, we both enjoyed 80s music a lot. When we got to the park, we walked through tons of playing kids on the playground, bolting to the basketball course. I pulled a cigarette out of my pocket and lit it. Just to get me going. Kyle got the basketball and started dribbling after a second, I put my stuff down and flicked the cigarette out of my hand and we got ready to play.

I always loved playing basketball, especially with Kyle, which he gladly agreed. The breeze felt good but our bodies were also cold, but us from South Park learned to deal with it. Kyle made a jump shot and I swiped the ball from him. The game was on!

As we played, I couldn't help but notice how determined Kyle was to win. He kept making these incredible shots, giving me a run for my money. I could see the sweat dripping down his face, but he never gave up. I knew I had to step up my game if I wanted to win. So I did. I was determined to do this. I kept jumping up to catch the ball but he kept scoring! Maybe Kyle is just naturally good. I remember when we were little and I threw the basketball at him so fast it hit him right in the balls. Ouch. Speaking of balls, I think I got caught in my own thoughts because I was right below the goal and I got hit in the head from the ball. It hurt. "Oh shit, you okay Stan?" I looked at him. "Yeah, it's fine!" I reassured, then we kept playing.

We played for at least 2 hours, a small crowd forming around us, cheering for us. Although I felt like I was being watched, because I was, it was still really fun! After we got done, we ordered ourselves some milkshakes from a nearby restaurant and walked out the door. "Dude that was so fun!" I exclaim. "Yeah! I can't believe I won, you did good dude!" He replied. We played until 1 PM and we kissed for congratulations. It was tiring as fuck, but we had fun. Once we started heading back to the house, we held hands since no one was in the way. "That was seriously that best time I've had in forever!" Kyle says. "Yeah! It really was." He kissed me on the forehead and laid his head on my shoulder. We slowly approached my house, getting excited about what we'd do next, though we didn't know what.