Chapter 32

A few more weeks at matatapos na namin ang second sem. And so what happened between us that night. She was never the same since that night, and it haunts me.

We still eat our lunch together everyday. I still fetch her from her work and she still cooks us lunch every Friday for our internship. Her actions were still the same, but the way she talked and looked at me felt so distant.

And I realized again, how I'm so foreign with this kind of feeling. I honestly do not know how to approach or talk to her properly after that. She looks at me like she doesnt give a fuck about me or my words. Sure, sometimes she does care, but most of the time she looks at me like I'm a stranger to her.

She is cold. And I felt it through my bones.

But it's fine, I'll adjust for her. I know that she is going through something serious and  complicated right now. And as much as I wanted to say something about it, I'm so damn scared that the same thing might happen again.

Para saan pa ang ilang buwan kong panliligaw kung susuko na ako ngayon? And I am damn sure...that she is my future. So what's happening between us right now is nothing. This should be nothing.

Paano na lang kapag naging kami na, o kapag nagpakasal na kami? I won't back down with a single and simple argument. Iintindihin ko siya at hindi aalis sa tabi niya, that what  should I do. To stay in love and understanding of her situation. And to be patient with her all the time.

I looked at her as she finished her food.

"Uhmmm, we'll have a date the next day right?" I asked her carefully.

She looked at me then nodded her head. Nakahinga ako ng maluwag sa sagot niya. I've been dying to ask her for an official date again and yesterday, I had the courage to ask and she agreed.

"What time is it?" She looked down on her food.

Ngumiti ako ng marahan. "We'll have it by 10PM."

Napatingin ulit siya sa akin na medyo gulat. I can't help but smile.

"Why is it so late?" She asked curiously.

"It's a secret, please. Don't ask questions anymore." I smiled at her gently.

"Okay…"

The ways she asked questions about our date gave me little hope. I felt like it's been years since I saw curiosity in her eyes and the way her tone changed.

I've been preparing for it for weeks and I choose the time and date for a particular reason. It will happen on my rooftop, at my penthouse.

Peter actively helped me and he suggested a lot of good ideas too.

"You think she'll like it?" I asked him again.

Inakbayan niya ako habang nakatitig kami sa set up namin. With the city lights and cold wind, this should be perfect for us.

"For sure, Gaston. Don't be too nervous. Baka layasan ka niya." He chuckled beside me as we both looked at all the things that I prepared.

May pasok pa kami bukas sa opisina at sa gabi naman ang date namin. God! I can't wait for it already. I hope she loves it as much as I do.

I got ready from work giddily. Pagpasok ko pa lang sa opisina ay malawak na ang pagkakangiti ko sa mga bumabating empleyado. Then I rode the elevator with a staff.

"Good morning, Sir!" He cheerfully greeted me.

"Good morning too, Manong!" I greeted back too.

"Mukha pong good mood na good mood kayo ngayon, ah?"