Chapter 12

Mom went home for a while at naiwan akong mag isa sa kwarto. I'm fine and I don't really feel that hurt except the bruises in my back and a little bit on my face. Dito sila ngayon matutulog ni Papa dahil may isang higaan pa para sa mga magbabantay.

I looked at the time on the smart tv just in front of me. Malapit ng mag alas sais, Carmella might be here any moment from now, kung dadalaw nga siya sa akin. I don't look good because of the bruises on my face, but what can I do?

My eyes went back and forth to my door and the tv. I fixed my hair and my hospital gown, I should still look presentable for her. And that is when somebody knocks. Must be my bodyguard at the door and it only means someone is visiting me!

I cleared my throat. "What is it?"

The door opened and my bodyguard came in. "May dalaw po kayo Sir. Carmella Estrellia daw po."

I can feel my insides panicking and my stomach twisting. She is really here!

"Let her in." I'm trying to stay as serious as possible.

"Sige po." He exited at mas lalong dumagundong ang kaba sa aking dibdib.

I wanted to just look at the tv in front of me but my eyes were glued at the door, waiting for her to come in. The door slowly opens. I saw her walk in with a paper bag in her hand and she slowly walked into me. The way her hair flows and the way she blinked her eyes is too slow. Parang tumigil ang mundo.

Why is everything so slow? Do I have a problem with my vision?

"Hi. How are you?" Nakalapit siya sa akin ng tuluyan.

It feels like I haven't seen her for weeks. I searched for a possible scratch or scar on her skin although she is wearing her long sleeves but there is none. Walang nangyaring  masama sa kanya. Nakahinga ako ng maluwag.

"Are you fine?" She spoke again at muli akong napatingin sa kanyang mga mata.

I was quite shocked to see a little warmth in there. My heart started thumping harder. The warmth in her eyes is such an exceptional view. Kay sarap pagmasdan.

"Gaston?" She asked again and levelled her eyes on me.

"Yes?" I looked at her absentmindedly.

"How are you?" She softly asked and I almost lost it all.

The fuck with her soft yet cold voice?!

"I-I'm f-fine." I stuttered and looked away from her.

"Uhmmm, I bought some fruit, and cooked macaroni soup. Kumain ka na ba ng dinner?"

Napatingin ako sa dala niya. "Hindi pa."

"Do you want to eat now?" She softly asked again.

I closed my eyes tightly. Her soft voice is making me feel something. She should stop using that tone on me!

"Yes, please. Uhmmm, you can use the kitchen if you want."

She started opening her lunch box at umuusok pa ang laman nito, she really cooked for me before coming in here. She transferred it in a smaller bowl at kaagad rin siyang bumalik kaya kaagad ko ring binaling sa tv ang tingin ko.

She fixed my bed table and carefully placed my bowl in there. She gave me a glass of water and slices of fruit. Did she buy all of these? Sana hindi na lang. She is a scholar and her budget is tight. Huminga ako ng malalim, I should finish it all para hindi masayang.

She sat on the chair, just right beside my bed while she looked at me. The air is comfortable between us but I could feel my insides shaking from too much excitement.