Chapter 3

"Gaston...can we talk?"

I heard a cold voice at my back and instantly, I had goosebumps all over my body. Napatingin ako sa aking likod...and she is really here. Lumapit talaga siya sa akin!

Wow! This is the first time she approached me. Ganito pala ang pakiramdam. Again, another record for me.

'What the hell Gaston?! Your brain is nowhere to be found again. Why is this even a big deal to me?'

I smiled at her widely, as my heart started beating like I ran a marathon.

Peter cleared his throat. "Pupuntahan ko muna yung partner ko." Now, that is a good job Peter. Get lost now!

"Sure, you can sit here." I tapped Peter's chair but she plainly looked at it.

"No need....I just want to ask if you are available tomorrow? I want to talk about the work plan, kahit kalahating oras lang."

She is looking at me like she is not expecting anything. Like she wouldn't mind if I'll say no to her. In short, she looked at me like she doesn't really need me in this work plan. Napilitan lang akong pakisamahan dahil wala siyang choice. I bet that if she has given the choice, she will work on this alone.

But whatever. Wala siyang magagawa, she is stuck with me and so she has to deal with me.

"What to wear, L?"

I asked him as he sat on my sofa. I've been trying to choose what to wear today. Carmella and I will meet today around 3pm in one of the coffee shops near the school, she suggested it so I am fine with it.

"You've been choosing for one hour, Gaston. Just choose whatever you want." He irritatingly answered instead.

Tiningnan ko siya ng masama. "You are one year younger than me, call me Kuya!" I demanded.

He looked at me like I am a piece of shit. "You are only one year older, and you don't deserve to be called kuya, you always act like a baby in distress."

Instead of being insulted, I just chuckled at him as his eyes looked at me darker. This is what pissess him off, pareho sila ni Sandro, hindi nila ako madaling mapikon kaya sa huli sila ang napipikon. That is my advantage as a happy go lucky guy.

He smiled at me smugly. "You have a date? This is the first time you prepare for one. Are you even clean at this point, Gaston?...Oh wait! Is this a serious date?" Nanlaki ang mga mata niya sa akin.

I tried wearing my white polo shirt instead. "Of course, I'm clean. We have this called protected sex dipshit. And no, this is not a date, just a meeting with a classmate."

I looked clean on this one. Simple and it fits my body too.

He looked at me seriously. "Now, you look clean and decent on that one. Like you don't bang girls every other night."

Mas lalo akong natawa sa sinabi niya. I don't do that much of course. I know to limit myself and protected sex is a must.

"Whatever. This is good right?" Humarap ako sa kanya ng tuluyan.

He boredly nodded at me and I knew it was good. I will wear this one to our meet up.

I went to the shower but my step was halted as realization hit me like a truck again. Napasabunot ulit ako sa buhok ko at gusto ng suntukun ang sarili.

L was right! Why am I even preparing for this one?! This is absolute madness!

I looked at my wrist watch, thirty minutes to three and I've been here since two. It's fine, maaga lang talaga akong naghanda. She will be here any minute from now for sure.