14. Territorial Dragons

Akira should've gone back home. He knows he should've. Even now, his brain his screaming at him about how ridiculous and reckless he's being by just showing up unannounced after he was the one who told her to stay away from him.

But he also couldn't bear to stay in silence of his lonely house and the screaming of his mind in that silence.

He should turn back. He should not proceed forward. But he is. He is proceeding forward and now knocking on the door. He hopes she won't be home. But deep down, he does hope she's home.

And she was.

Barely a few seconds pass when he hears the familiar voice call out from inside. "Coming!" As the door opened, he was met with a much more casual face of hers than he had met regularly inside the office.

She reciprocated his feelings. He looked at peace, as if he got his hands on the forbidden fruit he had desired for so long.

"Akira.." She moved aside to let him inside her house, saving the numerous questions for later.

Without speaking, Akira moved inside and took his shoes off before inviting himself further inside her house. By the looks of the living room, it was pretty evident that she had planned an evening all for herself.

A glass of wine was placed on the coffee table, beside the full bottle, some exquisite looking food was set on the very middle, in front of which was a lavender scented candle inside a small, decorative jar. Television was switched on, ready to play some romantic movie by the looks of its poster displayed. Piles of blankets and pillows were thrown around the floor.

She couldn't decide between fancy and comfortable. Her setup was fancy, but her clothing was comfortable, a pair of old shorts and a black tank top.

He had disturbed her evening. He turned, ready to leave, but he saw her standing by the door, biting her lips, obviously embarrassed of the setup he had walked into.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you," He apologized, clearing his throat. He moved to reach for the door. "I'll go."

Aurora moved with a gentle flow in her body, he didn't knew the bottle of wine on the table was already half empty from the thoughts of him and the frustration him and his stupid little face bought her. She took hold of his wrist and pulled him back.

"No, it's okay, you should stay."

Akira was unsure. He glanced back at her living room. "Is it really alright for me to stay?"

"Yeah, I don't wanna be alone.." She admitted, letting go of his wrist.

Akira nodded his head, "Neither do I."

She led him back to her living room and gestured for him to sit down before going back in the kitchen to fetch another wine glass for her. Thanking her brother for sending her a set in hopes of his sister getting a boyfriend and not staying as miserable as she is.

She sat on the spread blankets on the floor beside Akira and popped open the bottle before pouring a generous amount of wine in and handing the glass to him.

Akira accepted the glass but didn't drink out of it. He was busy studying the desinger swirled letter of golden, spelling the words, 'HERS' with a raised eyebrow.

Aurora cleared her throat, downing the remaining liquid of her glass in a single swig, and wiped her mouth before turning the glass towards Akira to show him the simi!ar lettering that spelled 'HIS'

"My brother gifted me these as a joke. These are the only wine glasses i have with me, I can get you another kind of glass if you're uncomfortable." As she started getting up, Akira's actions paused hers. He threw his head back and let the liquid roll down his throat.