Chapter One: Upon Arrival

Start from the beginning

Walls.

Walls.

Nothing but trees and walls around them. Four walls to be exact. Each one with a large door that split down the middle of each of them. They were surrounded by them

The boy's heart stopped for a brief moment. And then the voices came back to him, though when he looked back at the group of boys waiting for him to introduce himself, he saw that none of their mouths were moving. Taking a few steps behind him, he turned on his heel and bolted.

"Huh?! Hey! Come back!" Nendou called out to him, reaching a hand out, but he didn't look back as he ran. He wanted to get out of there. Now. And when the group noticed he was running towards the exit, they panicked.

"Stop!" Hairo called out to him. "He's bolting towards the exit! We gotta cut him off!" He yelled to the others. They all ran after him.

Just when the pink haired boy was about to leave, Hairo ran in front of him and got in his way. The pink haired boy was shocked by his athleticism. He had to have gotten a twenty feet head start, how did Hairo catch up to him that easily? He was going to barrel through him when Hairo put a hand up to warn him.

"Please don't. I wouldn't do that if I were you, you don't know what's in there." He pleaded. "Don't go. You'll die in there!" The pink haired boy slowly started to drop his stance as he looked into the exit. There was nothing but shadow, vines, and stone. It was a wide hallway to look bare but narrow enough that the sun didn't hit the ground. The hall split into two ways at about thirty feet God-knows-where– well, ignoring the other openings along the way.

'What is this place?' The pink haired boy thought to himself.

"The glade." Hairo answered, making the pink haired boy jump. How could he have known he thought that? "And that in there is the maze." he pointed out the exit of what he had just called "the glade".

"The maze?" The pink haired boy questioned.

"Exactly right. It's dangerous out there. We haven't quite explored all of it... at least not yet... but you see, the doors here close when night time comes and the sun is gonna go down soon... I'd advise you to stay away from the doors when that happens."

The pink haired boy stared at Hairo, scrutinizing him. Was he trustworthy? What exactly was this place? Why were they here? How do they escape? Is there an escape?

Nendou ran over. "Everything good over here?" he looked at the pink haired boy. "Hey! Glad to see you're still with us, buddy!" He gave a big goofy smile and a thumbs up... Nendou... What's there to think of him? Is he trustworthy? He just seems like a big goof. "Oh, by the way, Hairo!" He pointed a thumb backwards. "They're back."

Hairo, the boy, and Nendou all watched the other boys crowd around the door across from them. They were all watching a purple haired boy with glasses, and a light-blue haired boy with red bandages enter the glade. Though... the one with red bandages was being carried on the purple haired boys back. Was he hurt? Hairo sighed and nudged the pink haired boy's shoulder. "We'll catch up later, ok? Let's go." And they all ran off together.

"Kuboyasu, what happened out there?!" Hairo referred to the purple haired boy.

Kuboyasu, out of breath and sweating, put the boy he was carrying down on the ground. "Kaidou stubbed his toe on a rock." He said between breaths.

"..."

Everyone silenced and looked at the light-blue haired boy who was known as Kaidou.

"W–What?!" He said. "It really hurt! You expect me to run with a broken toe?!"