d a i s i e s

THE NARRATOR
"The Witness of Beautiful Tragedy"

THE NARRATOR"The Witness of Beautiful Tragedy"

TRIGGER WARNING:
Self-Harm

*:・✧*:・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚*:・゚

"Here," Maggie's voice echos in the pure silence of the vehicle. "We'll bury her here."

Maia, eyes red from constant tears, shifts her gaze to the grieving sister who is presently staring out the window at a large plot of land. Her eyes travel down and the sight of Beth, lifeless and clutched in Maggie's arms, bringing flooding tears back.

Abraham peers through the rear view mirror, looking to the woman that had just spoken, but her eyes remain fixated on the land outside. He searches over to Glenn who is sat next to Maggie, and the dark-haired man gives a feeble nod.

A singular glove turns the steering wheel while the other grasps the two-way radio clipped to his belt.

"Pull off here," He dully murmurs into the device.

"Copy." Is all that is said by Rick Grimes from the other car, a handful of ways back.

The newly hijacked and hot-wired car, unfortunately no longer the fire truck, pulls off the shoulder of the roadway, another semi-functioning car following suit. It parks with a soft click and everyone in the car remains still, searching for the grievers next move.

Tears are sliding down her face as she examines the area in which her sister will be buried, her sister who she nearly got back into her life. Her sister who should be alive. Her sister who should be traveling alongside the rest of her group, her family. The girl who should be partaking on their adventure to what Noah claims to be a form of safe-haven.

Using one hand, Maggie cracks the door open slightly and kicks it the rest of the way with her foot. Glenn gives a nod to everyone in the car, signaling of them to exit. Before Maggie can completely leave the vehicle and after everyone remaining had left, Glenn speaks up.

"I can take her, Maggie, if you need me to." He places a hand on the shoulder of his lover as she turns to face him.

"Thank you," Her barely noticeable smile is sad and nearly downturned. Tears are streaking down her face at never-ending speeds. "She's my sister, I'll bury her." And with that, she exits the car, Beth lain dead in her arms.

The stretch of land chosen for Beth was beautiful, a spot she truly would have adored had she still been alive today. A lush plot of green grass grows into the horizon just as the sun had risen recently. A fabulous Birch Tree blooms nearby, Maggie knowing it to be a tree Beth had always hoped to plant on the farm, Herschel arguing their farm was used for work and not aesthetics.

She misses her family, more than anything.

The remaining group members pile out of the vehicle and catch up with the ones spilling into the field.