p r o m i s e

MAIA GOLDBERG/RHEE
"The Loner Turned Lover"

MAIA GOLDBERG/RHEE"The Loner Turned Lover"

*:・゚✧*:・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚*:・゚

My ears are ringing, the corners of my vision are blurred, my brain is fuzzy with fear. I can barely understand the words being spoken by the group surrounding the man on the floor.

Once Bob revealed the bit on his collarbone, everything became hazy.

The idea that another group member was lost mere hours after I had rejoined them, makes me feel partially responsible. For the past long while, there's been a constant feeling of guilt hanging over my head. I seem to leave blazing trails of fire wherever I step and those fires seem to destroy the lives of the ones that surround me.

In the midst of my thoughts, I can vaguely notice Tyreese carrying the now unconscious Bob into one the small rooms, specifically the one lacking Judith's sleeping presence.

"Time for a reality check. We all need to leave for D.C. right now." Abrahams voice booms overtop of the quiet chatter.

My mouth hangs open with a scoff at the mere idea of leaving while a member of our group is dying and two others are missing. "Like hell you're leaving." I say defiantly and begin stalking towards the redhead, however, I feel a cold hand grab onto my wrist. I turn back and see Carl gingerly shaking his head at me, signaling me to hold out.

"Daryl and Carol are going to be back; we're not going anywhere without them." Rick speaks calmly to the man in front of him.

"I respect that, but there is a clear threat here to Eugene. I need to extract his ass before things get any uglier. So if y'all won't to come, good luck, we'll go our separate ways." Abraham turns to leave, Rosita seemingly following after him with a reluctant pace.

Rick begins to argue with the leader of the trio but I tune, them out, turning to Carl in order to talk.

"This is bullshit." I mutter, crossing my arms over my chest. "Did Carol not save their lives? And they just want to walk out like that."

Carl looks at me with a somber nod. "It's ridiculous, they should have the decency to wait some hours for them to come back."

"Do not lay hands!"

My attention is snapped back to the argument going on that has now reached the point of being physical. Rick pushed Abrahams shoulder which quickly led to Abrahams response of slapping Ricks arm aggressively.

Shouting between both parties ruptures in the wooden hall before Glenn steps in. He pushes his way through the fighting in order to separate the pair.

"Hey, hey!" He steps in between the two men, palms open in defense. Glenn turns to Abraham with an angry stare. "Do you really think you're going to be any safer leaving in the middle of  the night, rather then waiting til' morning?"