His face got washed over with anger, but he didn't say much about it. "All right. Thanks for your explanation, Lenora."

"With pleasure." I gave him a fake smile.

"Amery?" Janson called out. "Mind checking out the other subjects for a second?"

"No, sir." She gave me a nod and mouthed that it would be okay before rushing away.

Janson grinned, making me realize he was planning something.
"Bring him in." He commanded. Not even a second later, the door opened. An almost lifeless Minho appeared, dragged by two guards.

"What?" I stammered, worried already. "Janson, no." I tried to resist and get out of my chair as they tied Minho onto one in front of me, but nothing worked. 

"Who is she?" A doctor asked Minho as they pointed at me. He mumbled something that wasn't understandable to any of us. "Who is she?" He repeated, this time louder.

"She is Lena," Minho grumbled quietly, still staring down. My heart lit up slightly at him calling me by my normal name.

Janson's face dropped. He told the doctor something, who nodded and typed something on a device.

Minho's body tensed and he threw his head back, mutters leaving his mouth again. "I won't believe it." He mumbled over and over again.

I watched with wide eyes, not being able to help the poor boy. Begging to Janson had no effect either.

Janson peeked on the small screen over the doctor's shoulder. "Why isn't it working?" He questioned.

The doctor shook his head and furrowed his eyebrows. He tapped more stuff on the device, but nothing seemed to change.

"Why isn't it working?" Janson screamed at him.

The doctor rubbed his forehead. He didn't bother to speak quiet, so I could perfectly hear what he said. "He won't believe it. The system is glitching and I'm pretty sure he knows damn well the memories aren't real, sir."

"How's that possible?" Janson yelled, face filling with anger.

He swallowed. "We watched the cameras yesterday. She met him at night and convinced him it was fake, sir."

"What?" Janson's head snapped toward me as Minho still tried to fight his own mind. "Now I've got enough of you." He mumbled.

Janson roughly grabbed something off a table.
The doctor stared at him, eyes full of horror and face frightened. "Sir, I don't think we're supposed to-."

"Shut up." Janson snapped. A small operation knife shined in his hands. He grabbed me by the wrist Aris had carved on earlier. And then my stomach dropped as I looked at the knife and my bare wrist.

"No." I tried to pull back, tears already forming in my eyes. My chair already moved up and down from my resistance, but it didn't stop Janson.

"Sir-." The doctor tried again. Minho started screaming too.

"Astrid!" I yelled. It sounded horrifying to my own ears. But it was too late, and Janson started writing as if my wrist was a notebook.

I felt him cutting through flesh, leaving the most horrible feeling you could imagine. Stabbing screams left my mouth in pure pain and agony, but that was all I could do; words were unpronounceable for me— that's how much it hurt.

"Let her go!" Minho screamed too, but my louder ones covered his already. Tears streamed down my face as the doctor tried to stop Janson too, but his face was red with anger.

I screamed until my voice was hoarse, and until Astrid ran into the room. Finally, at least someone heard it. She let out a yelp and didn't hesitate to attack Janson, but he pushed her off him easily. My sister's head bumped onto the edge of a table, causing her to fall on the ground.

"Give her the syringe," Janson commanded with a loud voice. The doctor didn't move an inch. "I said, give her the syringe!"

Eventually, it didn't take long for him to obey and a syringe got inserted into my neck. I cried more, feeling my body get limp already.

"Please..." I muttered to Janson. Gunshots from outside hit the walls, yet no one did anything. Astrid lay on the ground, blood flowing out of her head, but she was visibly breathing. Minho kept screaming and moved so much that his ropes started to get looser.

Then my head fell forward at the burning pain that by now turned indescribable. And luckily, not long after it started to work, I gave up, and let the world turn black.

~

A/N: Next chapter will be happier, don't worry :)