Part 10: A New Mission And...Teammate?

"Names Artemis." The girl introduced herself. "I'm your new teammate."

The team went silent. They clearly hadn't expected to be getting a new addition to the team. The silence was broken by the sound of someone teleporting through the Zeta-Tube. Everyone turned to see Wally, who came through decked out in beach gear and holding several things in hand including a cooler, boombox, beach ball, and beach umbrella. Now that he was done with his first day of school, he came back to join his comrades at the beach.

"The Wall Man is here!" The excited boy exclaimed. "Let's get this party star-"

As he began running over, he tripped over the pole of the beach umbrella to which he fell on his face as he dropped everything in his hands. The beach ball he brought was the only sound as it bounced around the room while everyone looked at the teen pitifully.

"...ted" Wally finished with a mutter. He looked up to see his team in their suits with Red Tornado, Batman, and Green Arrow by them. Wally quickly realized he looked like an idiot as he was the odd man out.

"Wall man, huh?" A new voice spoke out. Wally turned his head to see a new person, a green costumed girl with a compound bow that he had never seen before. "Love the uniform." She remarked, noticing his swimming trunks, sunglasses, and sunscreen. She couldn't help but smirk upon witnessing his, introduction. "What exactly are your powers?" The girl asked.

Wally, who had gotten back to his feet, brushed off the girl's comments and turned to (Y/N) who was the closest to him, and said, "Uh, who's this?"

Before (Y/N) could answer, the newcomer answered for herself. "Artemis, your new teammate."

"Kid Flash." Wally greeted. "Never heard of you."

Green Arrow stepped forward, putting an arm around the girl's shoulder. "She's my new protege." He informed the boy.

Wally frowned, "What happened to your old one?" He questioned, wondering about Speedy.

Just then, another person came through the Zeta-Tube. A familiar voice spoke out saying, "Well, for starters, he doesn't go by Speedy anymore." Everyone turned to see none other than Roy Harper, also known as Speedy, enter the room. Adorned in a new red suit than they'd last seen him in. "Call me Red Arrow." Said the former Green Arrow sidekick.

"Roy." Green Arrow's eyes widened. "You look-"

"-Replaceable." Roy finished.

"It's not like that." Green Arrow corrected him. "You told me you were going solo."

"So why waste time finding a sub?" Roy questioned, noting the costumed girl by Green Arrow's side. "Can she even use that bow?"

The new girl, who went by Artemis, stepped up in Red Arrow's face. "Yes, she can." She answered herself.

Wally, still confused about the girl, jumped into the conversation, "Who are you?"

Both Artemis and Green Arrow answered at the same time that she was Green Arrow's niece to which Robin smirked. "Another niece?" He said, folding his arms.

"But she is not your replacement." Kaldur spoke up behind Roy. "We have always wanted you on the team, and we have no quota on archers."

"And if we did," Wally butted in, "you know who we'd pick."

Artemis rolled her eyes at these suck-ups, "Whatever, Baywatch. I'm here to stay regardless."

Kaldur ignored the jab and turned to Roy, "You came to us for a reason."

Red Arrow nodded, "Yeah, a reason named Dr. Serling Roquette." He confirmed.

Robin's eyes widened. He was familiar with the woman. The boy began tapping the buttons on his gauntlet before several Holoscreens appeared above everyone, giving them all the information they have on the scientist. "Nano-robotics genius and claytronics expert at Royal University in Star City." Robin stated. "She vanished two weeks ago."