Part 3: The Dark Knight.

"B-Batman?"

In front of Spider-Man was one of Gotham's most renowned figures which was the Dark Knight himself, Batman. Spider-Man was still trying to recollect his thoughts as so many questions were starting to fill his head. The one that he found himself thinking about the most was why the Justice League member was in New York.

The tall caped man dressed in black said nothing as he walked over to a still-conscious goon and picked him up by the collar of his shirt. "Where's Joseph?" He questioned in his typical interrogation mode,  "I know he's situated in New York after those stunts he pulled in Gotham. So there's no point in playing coy with me."

"I-I have no idea what you're talking about." The goon confessed, throwing his hands up. Batman was unconvinced.

"You better tell me now." The bigger man threatened, his grip tightening. "Unless you wanna go behind bars with several broken bones on top of that. So, what'll it be?"

The goon's eyes widened in horror, "I-I swear I don't know, he has multiple safe houses around the city! Even if I did he'd have my head for spilling. I wouldn't be able to make it out in the morning! Guy's just too powerful." He pleaded, his Italian accent getting thicker the more he wailed.

Batman's eyes scanned over the man's face and he could tell he was telling the truth, which only annoyed him even more. He dropped the man to the floor and with a swift punch knocked the man out cold with the others. Now that this lead was rubbed in the dirt, it would seem like he'd have to look for another one again, unfortunately.

"Looks like that guy will be sleeping past breakfast." He heard a voice behind him say. Batman turned and saw New York's masked vigilante who's been watching the entire time. "Sorry." Spider-Man apologized upon seeing Batman's look. "I have a habit of cracking jokes under tense situations."

Batman looked around the factory and saw there wasn't much else to do besides alert the NYPD now to pick the men up and sort out the situation. He turned back to the other person with him in the building that was still awake and only said to him, "If I were you, I'd stay away from all this. You're in over your head."

Spider-Man only stood there dumbfounded. That's it? That's all the supposed hero of Gotham had to say? He watched as Batman pulled out a grapple gun and zipped up to the roof of the building where the windows were. Spider-Man felt like he needed a bit more than that and tailed after the Dark Knight, web-zipping to his location.

"Okay hold on! I think I'm gonna need a better explanation than that." He demanded. "For one. You can at least start by explaining to me why you're here in New York."

Batman as expected said nothing and pressed a button on his gauntlet. Spider-Man's jaw dropped as Batman's iconic bat plane began flying in from the distance and in a few seconds was already hovering right over their heads. Shaking off the fanboy side of him, he continued trying to get Batman's attention which again proved to be of no use as the silent Justice League member began walking towards the bat plane.

At this point, Spider-Man was only agitated and beyond politely asking for answers. "That's it". He muttered. Spider-Man thwipped a web line that attached to the man's back which seemed to have stopped him for a moment. "Alright." Spider-Man started, "I'm starting to get annoyed with all this silent treatm-"

He was quickly interrupted mid-sentence as he was yanked forward with brute strength that caught him by surprise. The same man who pulled him forward by the web quickly spun around and prepared a right hook that was aimed right at Spider-Man's face. With quick thinking, Spider-Man shot off two web lines beneath the Dark Knight and pulled, evading the attack by sliding right underneath Gotham's superhero.