14; Messing Around

Sorry sorry sorry summer has been hectic x

The morning sun woke me but it wasn't one of those picture perfect mornings where the birds are chirping and I feel perfect and beautiful. No, today I felt like shit. I woke up with a pounding headache, probably from dehydration. I didn't get a drink of water before going to sleep last night. The human body sucks ass.

I groan as my feet touch the cold ground and stand myself up. I was pretty sure my hair was a mess and my lips were swollen. They always seemed to swell in the morning making me look like I had botox. I dragged myself to my door and down my stairs to the kitchen. Sometimes having such a huge house was dreadful. I remember when I was younger and we had just moved here I loved running around the halls. Now I just want to stay in my room and sleep.

The kitchen was empty so I walked in and grabbed a glass or water before going to the fridge and filling my glass. The Advil was at the very top of the cabinets and my tiny 5"2 figure couldn't get me that high up. As I tried getting on my tippy toes I heard a chuckle from behind me.

"You're so tiny," I heard Zayn comment before walking up next to me and giving me the Advil. I took out a pill and swallowed it down with my water.

"It's not like you're such a giant either," I teased, "But thank you."

"Shut up. I'm average height."

"Just average," I laughed before finishing my glass of water. "I'm kidding. You're a giant to me, anyways."

"Mhmm," He nodded. I'd decided this was the perfect moment to speak what I had been wondering since yesterday.

"Hey, Zayn.... so, uh, why'd your dad kick you out of the house?" I asked carefully. I didn't know if this was a touchy subject or not. I mean, it seemed touchy since he obviously must have some things going on at home. So I wasn't sure if he'd want to answer or if he'd just brush me off and go on to another subject.

"Uh... well, let's just say my father isn't exactly the most tolerating man in the world. I came home late yesterday and when he asked where I was I lied and said I stayed after school to study when really I was with Elizabeth at her house. He noticed the hickey on my neck and got really mad. He said he didn't want me to get some girl knocked up and So he kicked me out. He'd caught me sneaking out to see her before so that was the last straw I guess," He scratched the back of his head. All I could do was stay quiet as the undeniable jealousy built up within me.

"I guess that sucks," I mumbled before turning around and beginning to walk away, "Well I'm gonna go back to sleep now. It's too early."

"It's noon!" He yelled out.

"Still too early!" I laughed. My feet dragged me back to my room as pictures of Zayn and Elizabeth ran through my head. It wasn't until I ran into Nana that I snapped out of it.

"Nana, I have a friend over. He's gonna be staying with us for a while, okay? Okay, great," I commented before walking away as fast as possible.

"Wait, he's?" She yelled out but I pretended not to hear as I closed the door to my room. I heard her cursing in Spanish something along the lines of teenagers and their lack of respect.

I sighed before going to grab my phone and lying on my bed. There was a text from Niall.

I miss you so much. When can I see you?

A smirk crossed ny face before responding to him and telling him to come over. He responded within the span of 10 seconds saying he was on his way. A thrill ran through me since I hadn't done anything in months with anyone. I was finally going to have some fun again.

As I was about to grab some nice underwear to change into, I remembered Zayn. I ran downstairs and went to the kitchen where he no longer was. I looked in his room and found him laying in bed watching TV.
"Hey, I'm gonna have Niall over right now so don't bug us alright?" I suggested.

"Uhh.... okay? What if I want to bug you," He smirked. I rolled my eyes and walked out. If he wanted to bug us then let him. It's not gonna stop me. He's bluffing anyway.

I walked back to my room and took a quick shower just to freshen up. When I got out, Nana was sitting on my bed.

"I'm going to the grocery store, Lucy. I'll be back in a few horas," She said before walking out. Sometimes she forgot words in English and said them in Spanish instead. She came to the U.S. when she was 14, so it's understandable.

I put on some black lacy underwear before putting on a black crop top and high-waisted skirt to go with it. I pulled my hair into a bun before walking out and going downstairs to wait for him.

"Well don't you look good," Zayn said as he saw me walking down the stairs.

"Fuck off, Zayn," I groaned when I saw him looking me up and down. He stood up and walked closer.

"You know," He strided towards me until we were face to face, "I don't think Niall could make you feel like I could." His tongue glided across his lips swiftly as he placed his hand on either side of my waist. I smirked and got up close to his ear. "You know, I'm pretty sure your chance to get with me ended a long time ago."

I backed away as I heard the doorbell ring and walked towards it. "Niall!" I squealed before embracing him in a hug.

"Hey, princess. Are you ready? Because I'm gonna devour you like a-" He was interrupted by a cough. We both turned to look at Zayn who was tapping his foot.

"Oh hey, Zayn," Niall said awkwardly as we broke away from each other.

"Hey... now that we're all here why don't we just hang out, huh? Watch a movie, some soccer match?" Zayn persuaded and I swear Niall was about to give in.

"Actually, me and Niall already have plans upstairs," A smug smile spread across my lips as I dragged Niall up the stairs. Zayn was left with an unpleased look on his face.

He's been messing with my feelings for so long, now it's my turn.

I'm so sorry for taking so long to update. Thanks for all the reads and votes, they mean a lot. Pls vote

~Judith