07; Accidents

Misgender: to refer to someone, especially a transgender person, using a word, especially a pronoun or form of address, that does not correctly reflect the gender with which they identify

~Google

Ally Brooke is so cute wtf

"How'd you break your hand, Lucia? Giving a hand job?" F uckface Franklyn yelled as I walked past him in the hall. Sometimes I couldn't understand why he found it okay to yell rude things at me in the hallways. Just cause I like f ucking people? That all of a sudden gives him the right to be a douche? I'm a human being too. Nobody tells F uckface Franklyn anything and he screws a different girl every night. Is it cause he's a guy and I'm a girl? Cause guys are supposed to have lots of s ex and no one gives two s hits, but lord forbid a woman wants to have a little pleasure in her life.

"Lucia!" James yelled in my face.

"Huh? Oh, sorry I wasn't paying attention. My bad. What's up?" I shook my head before looking into his tired blue eyes.

"I was telling you about how my dad wants to fucking homeschool me cause he's so ashamed of his 'daughter' turning into a boy," He groaned, "He misgenders me so much I hate him. He only let me transition cause my therapist said it would help but he isn't supportive at all, Lucia!" He complained.

"It's sickening to see your father not respect who you are. I-I don't know what you could do. Move out when you're 18? We can both raise money or something, I don't know. You can't stay in that toxic environment," I said.

"You think I don't know that? I'm highly aware that my parents treat me like s hit! I don't need you rubbing it in!" I took a step back from him as I saw the rage reach his eyes.

"S-Sorry," I kept telling myself is was his dysphoria and the testosterone, but it was getting hard to believe. Even though it really was his condition, my mind always felt betrayed when he snapped like that.

"No.." His voice softened," No, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have taken it out on you like that, Lucia." He whispered as he enveloped me in a hug. God, it'd been a long time since I felt his hugs. I grew up with this boy. We spent our whole middle and high school years together. I saw him start his transition in grade 8 and still watch him going through it all the way till now, grade eleven. I remember when he first came out to me about not being comfortable in his own body and I researched so much shit for him. I discovered what transgender was and all of that led me to feminism and equality and now here I am. Hate-free.

"It's okay, I understand," I whispered back to him as I held him tight.

"It's just, the testosterone and all the other medicine get to me sometimes..." He trailed off.

"No no, sshhhh, It's okay," I cooed in his ear. We finally separated after a while and he sniffled slightly.

"No, don't cry, baby," I whispered as I wiped away the tear.

"I-I'm fine, Lucia. Don't worry. I have to get to class," He muttered before walking away, leaving my heart in a million pieces. It hurt, it really did, to see him like this. But I knew that the only thing I could do is be there for him. Saying 'I love you' won't cure his dysphoria and hugging him won't make him feel any better, but I can give my best damn try.