Laundry Day (Naruto)

ANOTHER Naruto draft??? I had to do it guys this has been pinging around in my brain too long. Shout-out to my friend Solar who brainstormed with me. We were laughing too much bro 😭

Idk if I like the cover BUT I have a moral obligation to make one every time so

Title: 🧺👕👖🗓️

Summary:
In the aftermath of his clan's death, Sasuke is allotted an apartment and left to his own devices. Eight years old and with only half an idea how to take care of himself, Sasuke is utterly alone, traumatized, and plagued by bitter hatred that only continues to grow in the face of his solitude.

At least... until his neighbors help him figure out how to do his laundry, and realize a literal child is living alone next door to them, with no one to watch him.

Or: Five frat bros living in a too small apartment find out the last Uchiha is their neighbor. They can hardly take care of themselves, but he's small and he's sad. What kind of bros would they be if they just left him hanging?

Notes:

-It would be so funny. Like I say that all the time, but imagine if Sasuke Uchiha was raised by a bunch of frat boys next door. Literally frat boys.

-For anyone who doesn't know what a frat boy is, think stupid college boys living together, sorta like a club. Like nineteen year olds— they do stupid shit like steal shopping carts to race down hills, drink cheap beer, live off cheap ramen noodles, stay up until 3AM

-They're not in a super formal frat but they're all bros and they're all idiots. The five main ones are jammed into the apartment next to Sasuke's, but there are others within the same apartment building as well.

-Okay so plot:

-After the Uchiha massacre, Sasuke is essentially cast to the side. Sent to live on his own and given no way to cope with his trauma, he grows bitter and incredibly depressed.

-Like, think about it. He went from having a massive family to having nobody at all. From being loved to being a novelty within the village, whispered about and admired simply because he survived.

-Itachi rocked little man's SHIT and then left him in the hands of people who did absolutely nothing but let him stew in his negative emotion.

-So the premise is that Sasuke, having grown up with a loving mother and present(ish?) father, really has no idea how to take care of himself. His mother did the shopping, the cooking, his laundry, etc. He's eight years old and has just lost his family, and now he's thrust into this whole new world where he's gotta learn to function.

-Sink or swim

-He's given a small apartment. Pretty cheap— nicer than Naruto's, but not great. This apartment complex serves as home to many of the attendees of Konoha's in-village university, including around 60 young men who identify as being in the same fraternity.