Of A Feather (BNHA)

THIS ONE THIS ONE THIS ONE THIS ONE

If you hear incoherent screaming in the distance it is ME and I am not SORRY okay moving on

Okay actually this one might be actually super stupid

Jump cut to me realizing about 95% of the ideas in this book are stupid actually why do I care

Title: 🦅🪶👯👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨🪹🕊️

Summary:
Red-tailed hawks mate for life. Keigo knows this— of course he knows this. His mutation is rooted in the species. It's why he's always been careful not to accidentally hook up with anyone, or get too close to them, or let his fans get too touchy. He doesn't know what might trigger that dormant instinct in him, if he has said instinct at all.

(Spoiler alert: he does. And it just flickered to life for a random young woman in the middle of his local grocery store's chip aisle.)

Notes:

-Before anyone says anything, just... come on. It could be cute

-Like so cute

-Really cute

-Picture this: Hawks has been literally as careful as careful can get half his life trying to make sure his bird brain doesn't register anyone in the "lifetime partner" slot before he's ready and sure. Like, he has tiptoed, has bent over backwards, has practically abstained from the nightlife people gush over and from alcohol for fear of getting drunk and doing something he regrets

-Only for it all to go up in flames at three in the morning at the grocery store, where a woman seems to be debating between two different types of Doritos

-I bet she doesn't do shit either. She probably just says something stupid to herself alone the lines of: "Why the fuck am I here, I need a life."

-She is minding her business. She hasn't even noticed he's standing there.

-And his bird brain is like: "Yes 👹 that one. Now, please."

-Her general quirk/character is based off a Crow. She loves shiny things and trinkets, can mimic voices, is amazing at problem solving and generally pretty smart, sorta fucking insane, can and will hold a grudge, loyal to a fault.

-Crows also mate for life but headcanon that she does not have that immediate zap with Hawks which is like, awkward, but also she is laughing at him for getting stuck with her.

-As a fellow bird, I feel like she'd be super understanding at least. Like, real, actual sympathy. You know when someone sucks in air through their teeth and it sounds like a hiss? She definitely does that and pats him on the back after. It's super awkward.

-Like she feels bad but wtf do you say to that, understanding or not.

-"Wow... I'm uh, so sorry man. That... sucks. Anyway, Cool Ranch or Nacho Cheese?"