The Four Horsemen

Start from the beginning

They helped to get the group into med-bay, and Abby had placed them in beds. All Artemis could think while watching the sick patients cough was, 'It's already here.'

Artemis was doing the best she could to keep the patients stable while Abby and Jackson tried to think of a way to help them. "They're getting worse. There has to be something that we can do." Artemis thought aloud as she paced the small nurse station. 

"Delactivene might help, but Raven's got the meds on lock down." Jackson said, standing there with his arms crossed. 

"Leave Raven to me." Abby said, moving into a question, "What, exactly, do the tests show?"

"The exposure is acute." Artemis says, holding the tablet with the results in her hand, "Without any treatment, there is a little to no chance of recovery." From behind them, they could hear as Luna began to vomit. "It looks like the radiation is more internal, ingested from irradiated fish." Artemis continued over the vomiting sounds, "None of the out breaks seem to be from airborne exposure. That's the good news." 

"Not for them." Abby said, staring into space as she gathered this information. Artemis had noticed Bellamy's arrival, and turned on her heel, walking up to him and Luna who sat in one of the beds, sweating from all the vomit she had just let out. 

Luna looked at Artemis, "This is all that's left of my people. Can you save them?" 

With a sad smile on her face, Artemis spoke calmly and collected, "We're gonna do everything we can. You have my word." Luna began coughing again, and Artemis stepped away with Bellamy. 

"Please tell me you have something good to say." 

"Raven's looking for us." He walked past her, out of the door of Med-bay. 

Artemis looked back at Jackson and Abby before walking through the doorway and down the hall. She made her way to engineering, where Raven sat in front of the monitoring screen, Clarke and Bellamy standing behind her. 

Raven typed into the keyboard for a few seconds, before pointing up at the screen, "So, Luna's rig is here." She pointed at the red dot, "If the fish in these waters are dying," She gestured to the water around the rig, "Well, basically, we're screwed."

"I don't understand. ALIE said we have 6 months." Bellamy's voice echoed through the room, not many people there. 

"We don't." 

"Well, then how long do we have?" Artemis asked, looking at the screen, then Raven as she spoke. "It's hard to say. Radiation is dispersed by jet stream, and carried by ocean currents, so it's not an exact science, but the leading indicators are small die-off species-- Fish, insects. Based on the new data i'd say we have.... Two months of survivability... Maybe less." 

Artemis felt a pit in her stomach, rethinking every life decision she has made, she decided in that moment, that she wasn't gonna be telling Jasper about this new data. He didn't need to know. He was happy right now, and this information could mess that up.

"The Ark wont be ready." Bellamy said, his eyes wandering from the monitoring screens to Raven as she turned around in her spinning chair, "It'll be close. If we triple the man hours and work around the clock, then we should be able to achieve a hard seal before the black rain comes." She looked at Clarke directly, "We just have to decide who gets to live here." 

"Raven, we are not talking about the list again." 

"Clarke, we are running out of time." Raven stood from her spot in the chair, "We have to make a plan for the day we close the doors, drill for it, make sure only the survivors have guns, agree on protocols for dealing with the people who are pissed off they're not chosen." She lowered her voice as she realized her anger had taken slight control. "You asked me to be in charge of rationing, and i am doing it, but choosing who gets to live or die is your specialty."