2; Strong Wills And Deep Rooted Promises.

Start from the beginning

Her attention shifted to her nose, which appeared slightly dewy, emphasizing its petite and refined shape. The moisture lent an ethereal quality to her features, as if she had emerged from a mythical oasis, an embodiment of beauty and grace.

Finally, her gaze settled on her lips, now adorned with a subtle sheen from the shower. Their fullness and natural color were emphasized, drawing attention to their inviting softness.

Her lips tugged into a frown. “You have a lot going on as well. “ Amina admitted at long last. “With your recent accident and the work at Shiri, I didn’t want to burden you.”

“Amina---”

“Plus, I feel bad that I wouldn’t be there for you.” Amina was quick to interject before she’s cut midway again. “It’s a difficult stage in your life, and I’ve left you alone. Of course, I’d feel bad. I’d stay with you if I can.”

“I can take care of myself without you, and you know that. I’m not some fragile glass or something.” Inaya’s tone came, certain of her words. She and fragile don’t belong in the same sentence.

In fact, when the word saw her, it packed its belongings and ran in the opposite direction because of the chaos she came along with. Some of the things she’s capable of would leave one awestruck really.

Amina has never met anyone like her. And hell yeah is she proud of calling her best friend.

But at the same time, she knew she isn’t as strong as she portrays herself to be. Everyone has his or her own down days, and so does Inaya. She truly isn’t as strong as people depict her, but of course, she’d never admit that.

And Amina didn’t press it further. Instead, she hummed in a way that showed she hadn’t bought that statement, but she’ll give it to her nonetheless. “Yeah sure. I know you’ll take good care of yourself and give them all a tough time.”

“Already on it, and will continue to do so.”

Amina chuckled, her mood lifting simply by conversing by the woman she considers her soul sister.

Silence stretched between them for a few, calming seconds before Inaya’s voice came get again. “Take good care of yourself there, okay? I know you can handle it, but if you need anything, and I mean anything, I’m only a call away. You know that right? ”

“I do.”

“Great. And if anyone picks on you, hit me up as well. I’ll bring the big guns and a grenade if possible. I ain’t a former military personnel for nothing.”

Amina could only chuckle further, knowing better than to take the woman’s words lightly. “I will, don’t worry, wildcat.”

“Alright. Talk to you later, popcorn. Take care.”

“I will. Laters.”

“Laters.”

The minute the call ended, Amina dropped the phone on the vanity table, her smile morphing into a frown which depicts her actual emotions at the moment. She hoped Inaya didn’t pick up the sadness in her tone, because she doesn’t know how to explain it otherwise.

Against the voices in her head telling her otherwise, she picked up the phone yet again and swiped across the messages to read the one that came in earlier, one she has been trying to ignore.

-You think living on your own is easy? Go ahead and try, I dare you. At the end, we both know you won’t able to handle the harshness of the real world.

Amina swallowed thickly, locking the phone and smacking it upside down back on table in frustration. She hated how she was being undermined, as if she wasn’t cornered to make such a decision.