Chapter Two - Airport

It was the next morning and I was driving to the airport to pick Hayes up. Today felt different from every other time I picked up Hayes because our lives changed in a big way.

As I was driving past the main entrance of the airport to park, Hayes was standing outside on his phone. I slammed on the brakes and jumped out of my car. We gave each other the biggest hug and I started to cry. I felt like I haven't seen him in seven years.

He put his hand on my stomach and said, "Let's go home, the three of us."

On my dashboard I had a picture of our baby. We were 5 minutes away from my townhouse.

"Can I see that?"

I handed Hayes the picture of our baby.

He held the picture and smiled.

"Have you told Madi?"

"Yeah, I think she's happy for you. We already both signed the divorce papers. We were drunk when we did it and we tried to convince ourselves that it was a good idea."

He grabbed my hand and we held hands until we got home.

We unpacked his luggage from the car and went inside. He sat down on the couch.

"So, do you know if we're going to get a house in Orlando? I don't want to leave Florida. We can live in this town house, to save money."

"I brought all my stuff from North Carolina and I'm ready to move. I didn't tell you but I was planning on moving in somewhere in Orlando. I never found a place but I figured that I would find one last minute. But now that I can move in here and we can be a happy family." Hayes said as he pulled me into a hug.

"Gabi is bringing the kids over with Daniel tonight so get changed." I said as I pulled out of his hug. He pecked my lips. We needed to work on getting back together and fast.