thirteen

BANG CHAN : 23 YEARS OLD

PARK SEOLHEE : 23 YEARS OLD

Several seasons had passed since the sweet kiss upon the bonnet of Chan's Hellcat, and the pair had been in a relationship for the last five years.

After their moment at Byeorang, Chan had made it known in the school that Park Seolhee was his, and that she would no longer be accepting flowers and confessions from the others who admired her. Of course, there were some who grumbled at this, but a majority of the population had found themselves in awe of their relationship.

He truly was soft for her and only her.

Seolhee, Chan and Jina had graduated high school a few months later, and the day was bittersweet, excited for the new adventure that was to begin, yet sombre at the thought of their childhoods being over. Minho too had looked pensive, having to face his last year alone without the company of his closest friends.

Their ambitions had slapped them in the face as to how close they were. Jina had left to train to become an air hostess, and whilst they saw her occassionally, the girl was extremely busy with international trips. 

Seolhee had achieved the target that had tortured her for so many years, and the girl had been accepted into the best medical school Korea had to offer. She was currently in her fifth year, doing clinical rotations at Yonsei Severence Hospital.

Chan had decided he was not going to allow a piece of paper to decide his fate and straight after graduation, the boy had delved back into the garage, fixing cars and races, where popularity had only increased. 

Minho too had joined the Bang boy with the garage after his own graduation, and the two were currently in charge of the track, setting up races and meets whilst avoiding the cops.

For Seolhee, it was like a dream. She and Chan had moved in together in a small apartment, and they were happy. All they needed was each other. Sometimes when she would come back from a late shift, he would wait up for her, hot food prepared on the table before they curled up in bed.

Yet, Seolhee's parents were blissfully unaware of their eldest daughter's relationship, and the girl knew that if they were to find out about Chan's occupation, they would force her to leave him.

Park Hyunji, however, was extremely happy for her sister who had sacrificed most of her childhood for their parent's ambitions, and whilst the younger had never properly met her sister's boyfriend, she knew he was great considering Seolhee's everlasting smile.

Five years had passed all too quickly, yet the four were content.

Life was good.

...

"You know, you don't have to stay up for me, Chan. You've got to get up early tomorrow,"

Seolhee melted at the sight in front of her, slipping off her shoes, padding towards her boyfriend whose arms were opened wide as he embraced her.

A hot bowl of ramen was upon the table, and Seolhee made a quick mental note to buy groceries tomorrow.

"I don't want you coming home to a silent house," He shrugged, pressing a kiss on her forehead. "Now, eat,"

Seolhee grinned, putting her bag on the floor as she dug in, the spicy flavour burning her tongue yet remaining delicious all the same.

"Jina called earlier," Chan informed her. "She said she'd phoned you, but you weren't picking up?"

"I turned my phone off, we were watching a surgery," The Park girl kept eating. "What did she say?"

"She's going to Australia for her next international, and then some more trips to Europe, so she won't be in Korea for a while,"

Seolhee groaned. She would love to travel the world and knew that Jina was having the best time. But one day she would be able to. Her and Chan could travel the world together.

She finished the last of her ramen and disappeared into the bathroom, washing up, whilst Chan cleaned up the kitchen, preparing for bed. The two had their little routine, and it was like they were already married.

"C'mere," Chan patted the side of the bed as Seolhee curled up next to him, one leg thrown over his waist, her hand upon his chest. He was always so warm.

"We should go travelling one day," She said quietly, snuggling up to him. "We should go all around the world,"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. We can start off in Asia, then move to Oceania, then the Americas and finally Europe!"

"What about Antarctica?"

Seolhee shook her head. "I'd love to go, but that's way too cold for me,"

Chan kissed her lips. "I'd keep you warm," He said slyly, watching Seolhee's cheeks burn pink.

They were truly enough for each other.