"No, that's what I'm telling you." Will says.

"Did you see any shadows in the water? Maybe some dark shape breach the surface?" Sam asks.

"No. Again, she was really far out there." Will says.

"You ever see any strange tracks by the shoreline?" Dean asks.

"No, never. Why? Why, what do you think's out there?" Will asks.

"We'll let you know as soon as we do." Dean says, heading for the Impala.

"What about your father?" Sam asks. "Can we talk to him?"

"Look, if you don't mind, I mean... he didn't see anything and he's kind of been through a lot." Will says.

"We understand." Sam says.

+++

"Now, I'm sorry, but why does the Wildlife Service care about an accidental drowning?" The sheriff, Jake Devins, questions the three.

"You sure it's accidental? Will Carlton saw something grab his sister." Sam says.

"Like what?" Jake asks. They walk into his office, Jake motioning to the three chairs. "Here, sit, please. There are no indigenous carnivores in that lake." The three sit down. "There's nothing even big enough to pull down a person, unless it was the Loch Ness Monster."

"Yeah." Dean laughs.

"Will Carlton was traumatized, and sometimes the mind plays tricks. Still, we dragged that entire lake." Jake states, sitting in his chair. "We even ran a sonar sweep, just to be sure, and there was nothing down there."

"That's weird, though. I mean, that's-- that's the third missing body this year." Dean says.

"I know. These are people from my town. These are people I care about." Jake says.

"I know." Dean says.

"Anyway..." Jake sighs. "All this... it won't be a problem much longer."

"What do you mean?" Dean asks.

"Well, the dam, of course." Jake says.

"Of course, the dam. It's, uh, it sprung a leak." Dean says.

"It's falling apart, and the feds won't give us the grant to repair it, so they've opened the spill way. In another six months, there won't be much of a lake. There won't be much of a town, either. But as Federal Wildlife, you already knew that."

"Exactly." Dean says.

There's a tap on the door, the four turning to see a young woman.

"Sorry, am I interrupting?" She asks as they all stand up. "I can come back later."

"Gentlemen, miss, this is my daughter." Jake informs.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Dean." He shakes her hand.

"Andrea Barr. Hi." She smiles.

"Hi." Dean smiles.

"They're from the wildlife service. About the lake." Jake says.

"Oh." Andrea hums. A young boy, probably around seven, walks in.

"Oh, hey there. What's your name?" Dean asks. The boy walks away without saying anything, Andrea following.

"His name is Lucas." Jake informs.

"Is he okay?" Sam asks.

"My grandson's been through a lot. We all have." Jake says. He stands up, going to the office door. "Well, if there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know."