Before Hell Existed

"THOMAS WILLIAM GUNHEAL! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE NOW!"

4 in the morning, a new record.
Why am I always the one getting screamed at in the morning? What did she do now? Damn siblings, they are all mistakes. Well, so am I.

My bed is warm, but a spring digs a hole in my back every night. I might as well get up, clean, get the daily beating, then head to "school."

Ya right, like I'm gonna go to school after this shit.

The stairs are cold, the heater must be off, and I guess the bill hasn't been paid for a few months.

"WHAT TOOK YOU SO DAMN LONG, -Inhales cigarette- THERE IS MILK EVERYWHERE, CLEAN IT THE HELL UP!"
*Smack to back of head*

Ah, there we go, she's drunk again. She wouldn't be yelling at me if she wasn't. She usually manipulates my feelings first, I clean, and then she beats the shit out of me.

She still gets milk in glass, so I'm cutting up my hands, trying to wipe the floor. My blood mixes with the floor milk.

After about an hour, the floor is spotless. Everything hurts, I'm going back to bed before she sees I'm done. She'll yell, but the kids don't hear it anyway. Like they care about their older brother, who is just their really weak dad.

I'm 19, and I can't get a job. I'm too malnourished that I can barely lift anything other than 50 lbs.
I'm always surprised when I get out of bed.

I'm shorter than most at 5'9", I have no girlfriend, not interested in men. No father, abusive mother.

Sometimes, I wish the world would just end.

7am, I go hang at a local shelter to get breakfast. If I stay home, I'd regret it later.

-Ring-

Huh?

-Ring-

Oh, that's right, I have a phone.

Hello?

....

How do you know that?

Who is this?

....

Fuck you Mike! You know that I think the worst when I don't recognize a number you ass.

.....

Yea I skipped, why?

.....

I got to go get my siblings.

Why? Why is the damn world ending today?!
Where is my knife? MOM FUCKING TOOK IT DIDN'T SHE! GOD DAMN IT! What if im too late are they already gone?

What if someone took them, FUCK RUN FASTER YOU WEAK PEICE OF SHIT!!

AT LEAST YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND THEM, LEAVE MOM BEHIND!

GO FASTER!

(Hey writer here! this is a story that came to mind, while I was extremely angry and ready to fight people. the main character, Thomas, is the way he is now because his family is extremely impoverished. His mother gets a check every month from the state to feed 4 kids. One was taken by CPS, but she still gets funding from them. The 2 young ones are in elementary school, and Thomas is a senior that has been held back from graduating multiple years now. Thomas isn't dumb or even close to that, he is an extremely smart kid, and he knows lots about survival as he has to survive his mother and bullying at school.

The rest of this is in 3rd person, this is one first person page, there will be more in the future so if you like 1st person prospective be on the look out for thoes pages!

Next page is comeing soon)