"Alright then. I'll leave because you want me to so badly, Ginger." Then he stumped away.

"I told him not to call me that," I muttered. "You done, Jeff?"

"Hey, don't come at me." He chuckled. "Almost done. Tonight is a bonfire, by the way. Because of the Greenie we don't have yet."

"Yep." I immediately got up once Jeff told me he was done. "Thanks, Jeff."

Then I rushed away, hoping to see the new Greenie before all those big and tall guys jumped in front of me.

Another disadvantage in the Glade; the boys. Most of them were stinky, arrogant, and called themselves better than me. Especially the Builders did that, so sometimes I wished to have a different job, like Track-Hoes, Runners, or Cooks.

Newt spent most of his time in the gardens, when he had nothing to do. He was the Second-in-command, just a row below our leader Alby. Both of the guys were nice, but I preferred Newt.

I wasn't in love with him, but he was one of the only guys that appreciated me a little bit, just like Jeff and Clint, the Med-Jacks, aka doctors, and Frypan, our one and only Cook, also the Keeper of the Cooks.

And Gally was the Keeper of the Builders, meaning he could boss us around all he wanted. Winston of the Slicers, basically slaughters, Zart of the Track-Hoes, which I just called Farmers. Those idiots apparently found the name 'hoe' fitting for working in gardens.. weird, but hey, they gave me food.

And one of the most important jobs, the Runners. Minho, a half-friend and half-stranger of mine, was the Keeper. Every day they would go into the maze, a big labyrinth that surrounded the Glade. The Glade was a big field in the middle of it. They would try to find a way out, but had been doing that for three years already.

I was losing hope, and started to think they sent me into the Glade to expand it, but I would rather die on my own than that. Those guys were disgusting.

Though we had showers! But they barely cleaned themselves, or it was just the constant working every day, week, and month that made them sweaty. I couldn't tell.

While I was lost in my thoughts, the familiar ringing alarm of the Box went off. I didn't hesitate to rush over to it, staring down into the metal cage with excited eyes.

But sadly, it was another boy. His hair was black and straight, brown eyes confused, and ugly as shuck, in my opinion.

Feeling my stomach drop, I slanted away to get dinner. Frypan, the sweet, dark-skinned Cook greeted me happily. His chubby cheeks looked even cuter when he smiled happily at me.

"Yo, Valerie." He handed me a plate with some meat and mashed potatoes. "Nice Greenie?"

"Nah." I shrugged and quickly thanked him for the food before looking around.

Another annoying thing was the way the jobs decided your whole life in the Glade; if you were a Builder, you spent your days with the Builders, so even dinner. That's what it was like for every job, except for Newt and Alby.

Alby just wandered around to help during meals, and Newt just appeared everywhere to sit, so I was lucky if he once sat with me, but that barely happened. I had a feeling everyone was scared of the Builders, because they indeed were big, mean-looking guys.

"Mike, move please," I asked the Asian. He kept his back turned to me as he scooted to the side, never stopping his talk with Gally.

I sighed and sat down, taking a quick look around. Dan, a tall blonde sat across from me, Hank, the same-looking boy but then brown-haired next to him, and Carl, a kid with a kind of deformed face. Others sat there too, but too many to describe.