Prologue

the wind beats on my face, my blond hair blowing back. I try to catch a glimpse of August, my dog. My eyes can't find him in this storm. My voice, which cries out his first name, is lost in the music of my headphones. I feel like I'm screaming into the void. No one will hear me if ever something bad happens to me.

-“AUGUST!!! Please come back, I haven't finished packing for tomorrow. I can't get my voice out any louder."

Tomorrow I'm going to duskwood, I can't stay away from my friends. I did not notify anyone of my arrival. Jessy just knows I'm not going to be available to talk. If she knew it was to come see them.

They don't know me physically. Their body image, their faces and their voices, I know them. But they only know my voice and my first name. I always managed to hide my face, for no reason. I just don't like my freckles and my nose. The only person who might recognize me is Jake, but I don't think I need to worry about that.

We asked each other questions, I got his first name and his hair color. He got my face and the right to hack my phone. He has my complete trust and he trusts me. Anyway he won't be able to do anything more with the information he has about me, he's probably still in the mine. The man I love is in the mine of black rock...

The music on my headphones changes to a quieter song. The rain begins to disperse as if to match the music. My vision resumes its role and a figure approaches me, a leash and what looks like my dog in its hand. My eyes squint and let my nose tick when I concentrate. I recognize the person, it's Jeanne, my best friend and also the girl at the end of my street. She knows my release times for August.

- "Val, you will be careful your dog is starting to prefer my house to yours. not even a hello, thank you Jeanne.

- You are to be pitied, it is not you who wanted to steal it from me when it was small?

it fits the size of my dog, who is now all soaked.

- There is no mistake about the person. but also look at his yellow eyes and his brown coat, it looks like a stuffed animal. she begins to hug him before changing her face, she whispers. on the other hand, he really could.”

I chuckled, I will miss her.

She accompanies me to my house and helps me to continue my suitcases. When we're done, it's only 9 p.m. She offers to order Sushi and watch Miraculous. It's silly of us, but I'm gonna miss our little moments.

It's a full stomach, I fall asleep on his legs. A smile on the lips.

run for meOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara