chapter 7

light blue eyes. Mine opens wide. they become wet now filled with tears.

-...

my eyes land on the red suit. I examine him from head to toe. I smile stupidly. His blue eyes under the mask are magnificent, I can't take my eyes off them. Her ember-colored hair looks so soft. Her face is beautiful. even hidden under this mask I can see him. I quickly look at his lips, they form a smile.

- good evening, Valentine.

I can't even speak anymore. My cheeks are wet, I can't tell if it's from joy or sadness. His hands come to my hips and my head to his chest.

- I promised you I would come.

I look at him and smile. I approach his ear and whisper gently:

-And you always keep your promises.

-especially when you are in the promise, Valentine.

I place my hands on my cheeks which are blushing. The music becomes calm. He takes my hand and leads me onto the dance floor. Our bodies automatically stick together. His hands slide gently over my hips and my arms behind his neck.

- I was waiting for this moment so much, he whispered.

I smile and lay my head on his chest. His hand goes up to rest in my hair. I hold his heart to my ear. We stay glued to each other without speaking. I smiled glued to him.

I breathe in his scent. the smell that occupied the hotel room before my arrival. One hand remains on my hair and the second remains on the small of my back. She leads the dance. I smile at the thought. Our bodies stuck together, I feel like I'm dreaming. the noise is as if muffled, the sensation of being in a dream is multiplied.

I raise my head to see him, our eyes meet. I smile at this sight. His ocean eyes move from my eyes to my lips. as if hypnotized, we smile.

-How much time do we have left?, I whisper in his ear.

- enough. you told me that one day would be enough for you, I think we're going to have to do it like this.

I nod, understanding that we're going to be stuck together for less than a day. His body against my ear, I hear him tapping to the rhythm of the music. The scenarios of our meeting disappear, he is finally in front of me. It's just the two of us even surrounded by people. I look around, Jessy... she looks at me without understanding why I'm dancing with a masked stranger. I smiled at him, not knowing what to say. At one look I have the impression that she understands. She says a name that I can read on her lips.

Jake...

I close my eyes and put my ear to Jake's chest again. He's tall enough to rest his chin on my head.
taken with desire I whisper to him:

- Do you know what I want?

- No., he said in my ear. But I will soon find out.

- I want... I want you to love me, Jake.

- Your wish has already come true, Valentine.

I look at him with my eyes wide open. His eyes admire my lips again.

- you know what I want?

I whisper no.

- I want to kiss you as if it were the first and last time...

I smile shyly. my cheeks heat up after Jake's words. His hand comes to meet my chin. He gently lifts my face so that I look at him. His thumb caresses my bottom lip. Without understanding why I look at his lips in turn. He smiles at me. Jake... he smiles. His face slowly moves closer to mine. and for the first time, I want to kiss someone.