chapter 5

I remain unmoved, my breath is short.

this voice, I could recognize it among a thousand.

- I would not like to make a mistake by telling you the wrong first name. Can you shift to your right?

His body touches mine. His breath caresses my neck while his bust passes me. Eyes wide open the I am of the gaze. I imagined it exactly like that. He walks over to a table. Why can't I take my eyes off her figure?

I shake my head, look at my heels. They make noise as I walk through the bar. I feel like all eyes are on me. I look up no one is looking at me. I move towards the counter, she smiles at me again and gives me a mojito.

"- It is offered by the house.

- how ? no, I'll pay for it!, I say uncomfortably.

- It's your welcome drink. Are you new?

I'm completely lost. I stutter before answering:

- Yes I arrived last night.

- So welcome to Duskwood!!, she sits up before clapping her hands.

The feeling of being observed once again comes back to me. I look on the left nobody pays attention to the woman in front of me. Behind me, the front door where smokers come in and out as they see fit. I quickly catch his eye. My blue eyes quickly dive into his. His dark gaze can only make me appreciate it. A smile forms on his lips. Sitting at a table, he kisses the cheek of the young girl at his side. His hands meet the piece of furniture in front of him and his body rises. We don't take our eyes off each other for a second.

- I think you caught someone's eye, whispers the young woman who served me my mojitos.

He unties his long hair before running a hand through it. In a fraction of a second he finds his hair tied in a bun. Two locks in front of his face.
His silhouette the impression of more and more. My heart probably misses several beats. He is handsome and he plays it.

His tattoos give him a bad boy charm. He sits next to me, he looks at the young woman before asking her for a drink.

-A mojito for me too please, Marie.

The famous Marie follows him by the finger and the eye.

- You are?, he asked me with a deep voice.

- Andrea., I answer him as easily as possible. Can I guess who you are?

- You have the honor, Andrea..

he clearly insists on my false identity. He must have heard the lie in my voice.

- Phil Hawkins, bar owner. Your arrogance, your haughty behavior, the cigarette in your ear and your tattoos tell me.

- Marie, you can go and take care of table 15, please. I wish to speak alone with this young woman.

- We have rooms for that, Boss., she laughs.

He looked at her intensely, not a single smile on his face. His face is closed.

- Your name is not Andrea. Am I wrong, Valentine?

I can't help smiling. He's a lot more insightful than I thought. His gaze is far from the one he sent to Marie. His dark eyes don't try to show fear. He looks at me, he is the first to look at me and not see me.

- Can I give you a hug?, I don't even know why I asked him that.

I want to be comforted, to be appreciated and to feel protected.

He stands up and opens his arms wide. I don't even think, I bury my head against his chest. He's taller than me, but that doesn't bother me.

- Why did you come to duskwood?, he whispers.