(Baba, I am fine, don't worry.)

"Baba, niche toh sab hain, aur fir Uswa ko main bula lungi uppar." She assured him. Reluctantly, Hanif Mirza left, even Kubra wanted to stay with her, but Hyra didn't allow her either.

(Baba, everyone is downstairs, I will call Uswa here.)

It was better if they go there today because tomorrow, Hayder will return.

•••

"Tumhe kya zaroorat thi jhoot bolne ki?" Uswa almost screeched when Hyra told her everything, her lie, her dream, and her fear.

(Why did you lie?)

"Kubra api ke liye jo theek laga maine kiya." Helplessly, Hyra told her.

(I did what I thought was right for Kubra api.)

"Hayder bhai lekin theek nahi karenge ab. Ek toh woh waise bhi itne gusse mein rehte hain..." Uswa took pity on her, also angry how could she do this.

(But Hayder bhai won't anything right now. He is always in anger...)

"Uss waqt maine wakai mein consequence ka nahi socha..."

(I didn't think of consequences at that time...)

"Hyra!" Uswa become helpless in front of Hyra's tears, "Chalo, jo hona tha hua," Uswa wrapped her arm around Hyra's shoulder and told her.

"Waise ek baat batao... yeh achha khase businessman ko tumne mithai wala bana diya?" She asked in a teasing manner,

(Tell me one thing... why did you make such a good businessman a sweet seller?)

"Sapna tha, Uswa, mujhe kya pata main kya dekh rahi hoon." Hyra become embarrassed and told her, making Uswa laugh.

(It was a dream, Uswa, I didn't know what I am dreaming.)

"Wahi baat hai, khargosh ke khwab mein doodh." Laughing, Uswa said.

(it's same thing as a rabbit only dreams of milk.)

"Billi ke khwab mein doodh hota hai, khagorsh doodh ka khwab kyu dekhega?"

(Cat dreams of milk. Why would a rabbit dream of milk?)

"Tum toh gulab jamun ka khwab dekhti ho na..." Before Uswa could say more, they heard a sound of honk,

(You dream of gulab jamun...)

"Itni jaldi agaye?" Their first instinct was that Hanif Mirza and others have returned. Quickly throwing pillows off from their lap, they ran outside of the room.

(They came early?)

Both girls were excited, but soon their smile vanishes when saw it was Hayder.

•••

Kubra and Sarim's families sat around the large dining table, the room was filled with the sound of chatter and laughter, as everyone talked.

Rabia was talking with Azma, while Hanif Mirza and Asim were talking to Firoz Randhawa, Sarim's uncle. Azma suggested for Kubra and Sarim to talk to each other, on which Hanif Mirza agreed. Sarim stood up, pointing at her to follow him.

They walked out to the lawn. The sun was setting, casting a warm glow over the landscape, and the air was filled with the sweet scent of flowers.

"Thank you." They were walking in silence, untill Sarim broke it. Kubra looked at him with confusion.

"Kis... liye?"

(For... what?)

"Mujhpe trust karne ke liye, mujhe ek mouka dene ke liye." He stopped walking, and turned to her. His voice, as always was calm and genuine.