Chapter 68: His Wedding Gift To Her

Start from the beginning

"I won't thank you now..."

"I've never wanted to hear those two words from you." He gently patted her head and consoled her,

"Next Wednesday is Johns's Media general shareholders' meeting. It's best if you attend as Glory World's executive director. I'll get VP to accompany you, hmm?"

Arya nodded as she softly answered, "Okay, I'll go."

He smiled gladly and then suddenly squeezed her tightly.

She leaned on his slightly warm chest closely. Her cold fingers that were behind his back suddenly felt a little warmer. It was not sure how long had passed before he finally pulled away from her slowly and lowered his head to watch her. He saw that her eyes had reddened, so he teased a little helplessly,

"I only gave you a little gift, but you're already so touched? Is your heart made from water?"

Arya blinked as she gripped the document in her hand tightly. Her starry eyes appeared like crystal light as she looked up quietly at him and said in a hoarse voice,

"I'm touched because of you. Aren't you happy?"

He smiled gladly and objected,

"So, you always get hurt easily. Sensitive people are like this. When someone does something nice for you, you think they're a good person. It's not really a good thing to be so easily moved, Missus..."

"Are you a good person then?" She blinked and asked.

"Only I am the exception. You just have to remember this." His tone was unquestionable while his noble and handsome face instantly turned serious, yet she could not help but giggle out loud seeing him. She then responded in her raspy voice,

"Okay then, the entire world's only left with one good person and that's you. Everyone else is bad..."

He happily raised his brows, seemingly quite satisfied with her awareness.

"Missus, I realize that you're really getting better and better at judgment! Okay, keep the document properly, then go back to the room and rest well. I'll go and take a bath."

He patted her head again, and then let go of her before walking out of the door.

Arya watched his tall figure disappear in the doorway, yet she felt a little distracted. She looked down at the document in hand for a long time before looking up in the direction that he had just vanished...

She had to admit that when he smiled calmly and handed it to her, something indescribable in her heart was moved and softened. Her neglected heart that was riddled with scars had been swayed too.

She did not know how to tell him that apart from feeling moved, she actually felt a faint joy and maybe a little bit of something else too, something she had not had the time to look into.

Sometimes, it was just as he said — she was easily moved.

A very, very long time ago, she seemed to have encountered such soft and fragile feelings before. However, the roles had been reversed. The one giving out love had been her, while the one being loved then had been Ethan...

She already stopped probing all the past that she could not bear. Now, she did not know whether she really loved Ethan and how deeply she had loved him. Ever since she could understand and feel so deeply, she was used to it.

She was used to being good to Ethan, used to loving him...

Later on, she realized that because she was used to loving, once someone else was kind to her, she would not be able to handle it and was easily satisfied, easily moved...