[20]: Mates & Dates

Start from the beginning

Once I was dressed, I applied the minimal amount of make-up and went downstairs where Ash was making coffee. I needed this more than anything else right now or I'd be so grumpy.

"You making breakfast?" I ask sipping my steaming hot drink of the gods.

"Well..." he says dragging out the word whilst looking at his watch. "It's just after ten, if you're almost ready I think we could make Maccy's breakfast instead. "What you think?" He asks grinning at me.

Our closest Mcdonalds was a fifteen minute drive so we'd have to leave within the next five minutes in order to get there before they stopped serving breakfast at ten thirty.

"I just need to brush my teeth." I grin jumping out my seat and running upstairs. Once that was done, I grab a jacket and my phone from Ash's room and run downstairs to slip on my converse.

"Ready." I grin picking up my coffee to go mug that Ash had re-filled with my drink.

"Okay, let's go."

We made breakfast.

Barely, as we got stuck behind a tractor on the way there, but that's living in Wales for you; tractors and farm animals blocking the roads all the time. After we were done we jumped back into Ash's car and he took off.

"Any clues to where we're going?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"I'm not telling you, but it's gona be a fun day just the two of us."

"Okay fine." I sigh, crossing my legs on the seat whilst changing the radio station over. I knew I wouldn't get any information out of him.

"Don't be a grouch, it's gona be fun."

"I'm not, and I know it will be. We've not done anything like this is a while; hanging out just the two of us."

"Apart from every Friday night." He says grinning at me,

"Well that doesn't count. That's just tradition." I grin back.

"I think we need this, just a day to forget everything back home and just enjoy ourselves. Plus we won't be getting much time to soon with you getting everything ready for your fashion show."

"Yea I know, it's gona be so full on soon. Although I'm so excited for the show and show off my designs to everyone."

"You're going to do great Lou, I believe in you."

"Thanks Ash."

My heart was fluttering like crazy in my chest; it was just little things like that that made me love him. Just a couple of words that would make my day and touch deep into my soul.

Not long later we pulled up outside a cinema and amusement complex.

I raise my eyebrow at Ash as he turns off the engine grinning madly at me.

"Fancy a game of laser tag?"

"Definitely."

*~*~*~*

For the next hour we ran around the course trying to shoot each other. We asked to be put of separate teams instead of playing together. There was a group of kids there whose game the place joined us on. They were like little ninjas, popping up from everywhere and always attacking me. In the end my team lost to Ash's, two games to one. The kids on my team weren't happy and demanded they had a rematch. Me and Ash left whilst they were trying to persuade their parents for another game.

I was knackered by the time we came out of there, all that running around and hiding had worn me out.

"You ready for what's next." Ash asked as we grabbed our stuff from one of the lockers.