5 | Maybe It's A Wishful Thinking

"Umm... why are we here?"

I caught the edge of the seat, and blinked fast. Don't panic. Don't panic, Hayun. I was 23. I could handle any situation. Calmly. Without making a fuss. Yes. I could. Heesung got out of the car, and rounded to open my side of the door. Enhypen dorms. We were here, in the parking lot of Enhypen dorms and I was close to lose my shit.

"We can't talk outside. I don't want to create a buzz in tomorrow's headlines." Heesung shook his head. "Come. There is no one in the dorms. They're all out, probably back in the company's practice room."

That did not ease my worries. "You can talk to me here. We don't have to create a buzz with my appearance in your dorms. What if someone saw me?"

"It's a well protected area. No reporters. Come out."

I gave up then. It was of no use. I would have to trust that he was sincere with no evil intentions, but could I? My eyes fluttered as I climbed down the car and stood in front of him. He got the bag from the back seat, and started towards the elevator. I followed him, feeling chilly. The elevator doors opened and we both stepped inside. It was going to be fine. It was fine. He won't do anything bad. I chanted in my head.

My feet stumbled when I got out of elevator, and Heesung caught my arm. I flinched and pulled away on instinct. "Don't touch me," I murmured, balancing myself. With the way, he kept on walking, I doubted he heard me. And, if he did then he decided to ignore it. The latter option made me nauseous.

I was shivering, totally drenched in the pouring rain, when I entered Enhypen dorms. There were people there in the living room but I was too embarrassed to look them in the eye. I gave a bow in greeting. Heesung was taken aback but me? I felt at ease when saw someone else was here other than us.

I took some courage and looked up, only to see Jay's curious eyes on me. I flushed, and at once dropped my gaze back to the floor. Thankfully, Heesung felt my awkwardness. "I'll explain in a bit." Heesung nodded to others, and directly guided me back to the room before handing a bag, probably containing new change of clothes. "Go in first."

"Everything okay?" I could hear Jungwon asking as I opened the door to Heesung's room.

"Yeah. Just some trouble during shooting. Hi Chayoung." Heesung kept talking to them. "I'll go and change too. Give me a minute." I kept the door open and turned my back to him as I started taking the new pair of clothes he had gotten from a local shop on our way. "Go inside first. I'll change afterwards."

"Ahmm..." I checked the shirt and pants, and they were a lot bigger than my usual size. I glanced over my shoulder.

Heesung scratched the back of his head. "Sorry. I was in a rush and... yeah."

"It's okay. Thanks." I gave him an honest smile, and went to change. The events from today occupied my mind, and I sighed, staring at myself in the mirror. My pale skin with simple features, long hair and just me. Nothing extraordinary beautiful. Just... me. And my partner was Lee Heesung. I was chosen to be overshadowed. Who was I kidding? No one could top his charisma. He was handsome and good at what he did.

Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes. Seniors in the industry were not all supportive and helpful, and I came to this realisation in a very harsh way. Heesung was a senior and I couldn't lower my guards, no matter how nice he acted. I had been fooled by sweet pretense once, and it would be stupid of me to fall for it again. I really really needed to keep my mouth shut. It was okay.

"Don't worry, Heesung. HYBE has already talked to us about it. Hayun is new to the industry. People would scrutinize her more. The script is written in your favor. Okay? You're our star. We'll make you shine the best."