2 | First Meeting

There were two things which registered in my mind the moment I stepped into the room.

First, Enhypen Heesung was here. He was my partner. I knew his name because Shua couldn't stop gushing over him last month. She had met him during some event and her praise over his manners and politeness went for at least two weeks before she stopped because of the busy schedules.

Second, there were cameras in the room, pointing at me. Several of them. Taking in my reaction. I had this instinct to run out, and hid somewhere because I was too stunned, too unprepared to react and meet the guy I had to share a few dates.

I vaguely remembered seeing the first episode of Ae-Cha and Beomgyu. They both had no idea they were meeting each other that day, and got so startled when the surprised meeting happened. I thought it was dramatic, and there was no way they didn't know about being each other's partner, but now things were settling down. I was realising maybe some of the scenes in the show might not be scripted after all.

Also, what the hell? I was not even dressed up while Heesung looked like he was here for MV shoot or something.

"Anyonghaseyo." Heesung got up first, and bowed to me.

I was frozen in the place, my knuckles turning white from the grip on the door handle. Then I bowed back, hesitant. "Anyonghaseyo Sunbae."

"Take a seat, Hayun." My manager pushed me gently into the room.

I smiled, tensed and went to the only empty chair in the room which was unsurprisingly beside Heesung. He looked awkward too. I glanced at him and when he also looked up, I lowered my eyes immediately. Gosh. Shua should have there. I was a weird bean. His fans were going to hate me already, and I wasn't making the situation any better.

"I'm Heesung. Enhypen member."

"I'm Hayun. Strix member." My wide eyes stared at him. The staff gestured us to keep the conversation going. "I didn't know I would be meeting you today, Sunbae. Sorry. It is too surprising."

"I didn't know I was meeting you too." Heesung gestured to the staff. "They tricked me into thinking there was a collaboration happening with someone from this company."

The staff members laughed. Yeah. We were sweating buckets, and they were enjoying. One of them handed each of us a card containing questions. My eyes went over the card and looked up at Heesung. His grip on the card was tight and I realised he wasn't as chill as he was showing on camera.

"We knew the first meeting would be a little complicated. So here are some questions that you can ask each other. Of course you can go with them accordingly and add your own curiosity too," PD-nim informed us.

I nodded, and tried to hold the card tightly to hide my trembling hands. "Sunbae, do you know our group Strix?"

Heesung apologised with a subtle headshake. "I'm sorry. I didn't come around your songs, but I'll listen to them tonight."

I smiled, waving my hand embarrassed. "It's alright." Strix wasn't popular, and Eva was the most popular group member, so even if people didn't know us, they knew Eva. Asking this question was stupid.

"Do you know Enhypen?"

I liked his modesty. "Yes. My favourite song is 'Polaroid love'," I told him, and he smiled easily this time.

"Okay." Heesung cleared his throat, trying to hide his giddiness. I think he was glad I knew Enhypen. I wished he knew my group too, but it was okay. Even I didn't know less popular groups, so I had no right to be upset.

"Talk freely guys. It's just an introduction phase." The PD-nim encouraged us. The editor of the episode was going to have a field job, trying to make something out of our awkward silences. "Heesung, ask question five."