Chapter 19

Rayne politely nodded her head to Celtra acknowledging her presence but glared at Gerda with hostility

Rayne politely nodded her head to Celtra acknowledging her presence but glared at Gerda with hostility. The treatment that Rayne openly displayed to Gerda was gradually starting to bother her. Despite her vexation, there was nothing she could do at the moment. It was only a matter of time before she lashed out at any creature who crosses her, starting with Rayne.

"Dinner is served, follow me." Rayne informed before turning to walk down the spiraling stairs.

Both Gerda and Celtra stood up and trailed behind her. Gerda walked in silence occasionally admiring the castle with her thoughts still on her conversation with Celtra. She no longer had an appetite and craved to be alone in her room. The sound of two large doors opening brought her back to reality as they walked into the dining hall. She took note of all the chairs being occupied by various fey.

All their heads turned and the hall grew silent as she made her way towards their table. She kept her expression calm and collected trying to mask her anxious emotions. Her eyes ignored the obvious stares and kept her attention on the back of Celtra's wings. They then came to a stop by the table. Rayne turned to both Celtra and Gerda with a strict glint in her eyes before fixing them on Celtra.

"You will sit here while the pest stands off to the side, she will eat separately with the rest of the servants if Borra permits it." Rayne instructed Celtra, causing Gerda to clench her jaw in frustration.

Celtra simply nodded her head and quietly sat down next to a woman with colorful wings and caramel skin. The women kindly greeted Celtra by nodding her head. The other sitting fey openly glared at Gerda. Rayne pulled Gerda by her arm and dragged her off  to the side until she was several feet away from them.

"You are to remain nonexistent and quiet as the rest of them dine. I'm warning you that any disobedience will not be tolerated by Borra and his inner trusted circle." Rayne hissed at Gerda before turning and walking towards the table to sit down.

"This is unexceptable Rayne! That human should not be in here listening to our every word, she is to not be trusted." A creature with snow white hair and slanted eyes voiced as he glanced at Gerda with caution.

"I understand your concern Udo but she is Borras pet and he specifically instructed that she is to accompany him." Rayne said as several creatures whispered and expressed their disagreement.

"He couldn't have locked the human up in some cage instead? I agree with Udo, her presence here makes me sick along with 'that' scent." The tanned woman sitting next to Celtra hissed, with agitation in her voice.

"Shrike is right, I find her presence here to be unneccessary. Surely a cage would be best for her, it's a poor decision on his part to have her in the same room as us." Another female creature with black hair and slanted eyes said, causing Gerda to glare at her.

"Enough with your complaints! Ini, you should know better than to question Borra's decisions." Rayne said scolding them.

Gerda felt her face harden after hearing the creatures speak of her as if she wasn't in the same space. She eagerly wanted to carve out their tongues with an iron sickle but the most infuriating truth was she knew it wasn't possible. Her stomach grumbled in hunger when the smell of cooked meat and other side dishes hit her nose. Just then the doors at the other end of the hall opened causing the whiny fey to quiet down and glance at the new arrival.