The Heart of Anima

Dyrroth.

The lost prince of the Moniyan Empire, and Princess Silvanna's younger brother. All MLBB players know that the Abyss had kidnapped Dyrroth as an infant, indoctrinating him so deeply into the ways of the Abyss that he appeared more demon than human.

In-game, he was a powerful fighter and was capable of taking out assassin type heroes such as Gusion and Aamon in a one-on-one match. Would the power scaling of the characters in-game affect them here as well?

"You gotta admit," Dyrroth said, grinning manically. "My aim was impeccable, but..." Trailing off, he tossed the bow he held aside and clenched his fists in a fighting stance. "I prefer these." His mismatched eye slid to Aamon and he grinned. "You might wanna hurry up, though. The Abyssal poison works fast."

My eyes widened in shock. Gusion and I both turned to Aamon, who scowled at Dyrroth, not a hint of pain in his face. "You talk too much," Aamon said. In the blink of an eye, he vanished, reappearing behind Dyrroth amid a flurry of light shards. Dyrroth spun and quickly blocked Aamon's attack, a maniacal grin on his face.

"Very nice, Duke Paxley," Dyrroth said. "I see you have a little resistance to poison, eh?"

Dyrroth leapt back, punching the ground with his fists as he landed. Dark spikes burst from the ground, speeding towards Aamon. Aamon vanished in the blink of an eye, appearing behind Dyrroth. His shards were wrapped around his arm and fists, and he slashed at Dyrroth, who snarled in fury as more shards hurtled at him from behind Aamon.

"Hey you," Gusion said, staring at me. "Stay here and keep out of trouble."

"Be careful!" I said, as Gusion rushed towards Dyrroth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gusion threw a dagger towards Dyrroth who sidestepped to avoid it. Aamon reappeared behind Dyrroth, slashing at him with shards of light. Snarling, Dyrroth spun around to face Aamon. With a grunt of pain, Aamon staggered back as Dyrroth struck him in the stomach.

Aamon leapt back, a hand on his injured shoulder. "Dammit," Gusion muttered. Was the Abyssal poison working already? It must be, since his brother's movements appeared slower, his attacks less ferocious than usual.

Gusion threw a flurry of daggers towards Dyrroth, who leapt aside to dodge them. "Missed again," Dyrroth said, grinning.

"Not quite," Gusion said. Faster than a blink, he tossed a dagger at Dyrroth, who howled with pain as it caught him in the shoulder. Gusion vanished in a flash, and reappeared in front of Dyrroth, all his daggers flying after him towards the Abyssal Prince.

Dyrroth snarled in fury as several daggers stabbed into his arms. "Curse you, you insignificant Paxley brat," Dyrroth growled. He paused, smirked then turned to Aamon. "Well, that makes one less Paxley, anyway."

Gusion glanced towards Aamon. His brother had fallen to his knee, one hand on his shoulder. His breathing appeared ragged, his face pale and set in a grimace.

"Aamon?" Gusion whispered. He turned to Dyrroth, flinging a dagger at the Abyss prince who immediately dodged to one side.

"Did I touch a nerve?" Dyrroth mocked. "I told you poison from the Abyss works fast. Looks like he's in a lot of pain, eh? Maybe we should put him out of his misery!" Dyrroth raised a fist and struck the ground before him. Dark, jagged spikes erupted from the earth, all headed towards Aamon. The Duke glanced up. He attempted to stand, but swayed and fell to his knee. A single drop of blood fell from his nose.

Gusion turned towards Aamon, and ran. "Aamon!" he screamed.

"Watch out!" A cloaked figure suddenly seemed to materialize from the darkness around them, careening into Aamon, and pushing him out of harm's way.