ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖

Start from the beginning

I don't even notice when somebody takes a seat right next to me. "Long time no see."

I turn and look at the red-haired Adonis with glasses. "Joseph? What the hell are you doing in California?"

"I transferred from Arizona State to here," he shrugs. I sputter. "W-Why would you do that?"

He shrugs and his face breaks out into a crinsom shade. I forgot how easily he blushed. "I missed you, butterfly."

Butterfly. I hadn't heard him call me that in a long time. "I heard California had a better business program anyway, so...here I am."

I look at him completely ajard as he stares at me. "H-How have you been?" I ask. "What have you been getting up to? Did you get a girlfriend?"

"I actually did...a couple months after you left." His expression pained. "I was so wrecked after you were gone because we never really got our fighting chance. But then I met Julie and she lit up my entire life. It was a magical nine months. I was happy and in love. But, when I came to bring her lunch at work, I saw her bent over her bosses desk."

I gasp at his words and instively grab his hand and interlock it with mine. "I'm so sorry that happened to you."

He shrugs. "It is what it is. It was for the best anyway. No matter the love I felt for her, I could never forget about you."

My hand falls out of his on impulse and his face slightly drops. "You said you didn't want any ties holding you back in Arizona. But, I'm here now, Maya. We can be together. No one can stop us."

As much as I hate it, my mind drifts back to Kol and the months we spent together. How happy I was. Not in the sex, but the little moments.

Our movie nights and the dates. Cooking together and talking about anything and everything.

I knew in the past I wasn't a relationship person. But, maybe I could change that. I don't have any romantic feelings towards Joseph, but they could develop with time.

"One date," I finally say. His face breaks out into excitement and he brings me into a kiss. It was short, but sweet.

As much as I wanted to forget about Kol, I couldn't. The kiss didn't have that passion that Kol and I's did. I almost felt like I was betraying him.

Kissing another man. Going on a date with him.

But, maybe it wasn't so bad since it wasn't what I feel for Kol.

I don't think anything could compare what I feel for Kol.

"Does 8 o'clock tonight work for you?" he asks. I give him a small smile and nod. "It's great."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He asked you on a date?!" Angela exclaimed. She invited me over to Leo's apartment since that's where she practically lives.

I nod. "I knew he had a thing for me back in Arizona and I always gave the lame-ass excuse of me going to college in California and not wanting anything holding me back. He came to California partly for me, so it would be rude to at least not go on one date."

Angela rolls her eyes. "Maya Anneliese St. Martin, you do not owe this man anything. You had no arrangement or secret agreement to wait on each other. He made the stupid decision to transfer schools for a girl he wasn't even certain wanted him. You don't like him so, why put yourself through that? And what about Kol?"

It's my turn to roll my eyes. "And what about him? I don't want to be in a serious relationship and I'm trying to move on."

"What's stopping you from being in a serious relationship? One where you are loved and cared for. When you don't ever have to question your partner's intentions. You trust them with your life," Angela pleaded.

"I don't want the fairty-tale cookie-cutter bullshit you have, Angela. No offense, I'm glad you've found someone that makes you feel that way, but I'm not you. That's not how I want to live my life," I mutter.

Angela releases a breath as Leo comes from his bedroom. "Angel, I'm heading to the gym. I'll see you later."

There's a bit of awkward silence as they both look at me. I roll my eyes. "You can kiss goodbye, I'm not going to fucking break."

Angela's face breaks out into a happy smile as she and Leo's lips crash down on each other. I watch as they kiss. Imagining what that would be like.

When you don't ever have to question your partner's intentions. You trust them with your life.

A part of me wanted that desperately and I thought of what it would be like with Kol. But, every time I even think about being happy and in love, Jeremiah's words haunted me.

You were fucking unlovable.

I don't know how I would live my life like this. This fuckwad had found yet another way to screw me up mentally.

You were fucking unlovable, Maya. Sorry that everything went down, but I couldn't stand being with you any longer.

I needed to find a way to stop thinking about it. I needed to find a way to forget. 

Then it clicked. I knew just what I needed to do.

                                                                    End of Chapter Thirty-Five

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY EVERYBODY! 

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. We are slowly starting to get close to the end of this book. I think around 10 chapters are left.

Please don't forget to let me know of any mistakes you see in this story.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share this story with all your Wattpad-loving friends!

Also why you are waiting for new chapters, go check out my brand new story You and I! The first five chapters are out.

Synopsis: Bri is the daughter of the town's mayor and sheriff. Everything she does is watched or observed. She likes the so-called "perfect life". The high school heartthrob and quarterback is her boyfriend. She and her friends are the most popular girls in school, with Bri as their leader. She can get anything she wants at the drop of a hat. So why does she feel unhappy? Why does it feel like something in her life is missing? It's her senior year of high school. New guy, Logan Stone comes rolling into her town and she can't take her eyes off him. Something about him makes her body feel like it's on cloud nine. But, the whole town knows that he comes from nothing but bad things. Her parents don't like him. But, what happens when she can't do anything but feel drawn to him?

I LOVE YOU GUYSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!