010 | ʳᵉᵗᵘʳⁿ

CHAPTER THREE

Return

[₀₁₀]

song: Wildest Dreams - 𝙏𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙤𝙧 𝙎𝙬𝙞𝙛𝙩

⟵⌖⟶

"Say you'll see me again even if its just in you wildest dreams."

𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐘 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒 before him. For doing something so dangerous, the view wasn't too bad. Bradley flew towards the enemy territory spotting a small figure trying to run from a helicopter firing rounds of bullets.

Without thinking, he did the unthinkable, colliding with the helicopter before ejecting and floating towards the ground. Bradley let out a shaky breath that morphed into a small smile. He saved his life; he saved Maverick from his near death. After landing on the ground safely, he began to compact his parachute into its designated bag.

When he looked around, he saw Maverick approaching him with a shocked expression. Rooster approached the man, expecting that he came up with an improvised plan for them to flee, only to be met with a shove to the ground blanketed in a covering of freezing, white snow.

"What the hell?!" Rooster exclaimed throwing his helmet to the ground earning a pointed look from Maverick. "What are you doing here?" Maverick asked throwing his helmet to the side too. "What am I doing here?" Rooster asked incredulously.

"I didn't take that missile for you to be down here right now! You should be back on the carrier right now!" Maverick responded earning a scoff from the man before him.

"I saved your life!" Rooster retorted. "No, I saved your life, that's the whole point. What the hell were you even thinking?" Maverick exclaimed with an annoyed expression worn on his features.

"You told me not to think!" Rooster threw his hands in the air whilst Maverick bent over in an attempt to catch his breath. "Well, its good to see you." Maverick stated. "It's good to see you too. So, what's the plan?" Rooster asked.

The duo made their way through the forest, using a pair of binoculars Maverick surveyed the destroyed enemy airbase that was still alight. All kinds of alarms blared as soldiers ran back and forth in an orderly fashion. "Your not serious." Rooster deadpanned.

Maverick turned to look at him with a crooked smirk. "You said you were coming back for her." Maverick stated pulling the photo that once sat in Rooster's helmet out from his pocket. Rooster looked towards the photograph taking it in his hand. He knew Maverick was right. He needed to get back to her.

As men on trucks, loaded with guns drove through the airstrip Rooster sat in disbelief. "You've got to be shitting me. An F-14?"

Maverick looked towards the jet in attempt to brush off Rooster's jab. "I shot down three migs in one of those." Maverick defended as Rooster stared at the man. "We don't even know if that bag of ass can fly." Rooster explained, being logical.

"Well let's find out." Maverick retorted.

« ✵ » 

𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋. The radars flickered, revealing nothing nearby. She cursed Bradley and his heart of gold. He couldn't let go of Maverick, the closest thing he had to a father. Nonetheless, she found it difficult to contemplate the thought of him not returning home to her.