003 | ˡᵒⁿᵍ ᵈᵃʸˢ

CHAPTER THREE

Long Days

[₀₀₃]

song: Be My Baby - 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙍𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙨

⟵⌖⟶

"𝘉𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺 𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘰𝘩, 𝘰𝘩, 𝘰𝘩, 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺."

"𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐕𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐀 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐋, 𝐋𝐄𝐓'𝐒 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 𝐀𝐍 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍." Maverick says before swooping in between the aircrafts. "Holy shit!" Fanboy yells frantically moving to get a view of Maverick while slipping on his mask.

"Rooster where are you? He's on us!" Payback yells beginning to regret his decision. Colette chuckles at how confident and cocky they were. "I'm coming!" Rooster exclaims making his way over to cover for them.

"Tally, tally, tally! Maverick is coming in! Break Left!" Fanboy exclaims. "Payback where's your wingman?" Maverick questions tauntingly. "Rooster where are you?!" Payback questions.

"I've got your back man. Don't worry." Rooster says before diving down behind Maverick. "Payback break right!" Rooster instructs. "Breaking right!" Payback confirms.

"Rooster just saved your life fellas, but its gonna cost him." Mav murmurs over the radio. "Not this time old man!" Rooster exclaimed. Colette could feel the tension in the air radiating from the radio.

"Rooster your too low pull up! You're hitting the hard deck!" Payback yells in attempt to warn him. Rooster quickly took notice of the alarms pulling up. "Holy-!"

Maverick quickly gets a lock on him as Rooster pulls up. "That's a kill." Colette shook her head. It seemed he still had not changed, neither had Maverick. They were both too stubborn for their own good.

⟵⌖⟶

"𝟏𝟖𝟗! 𝟏𝟗𝟎!" Hondo kept counting while watching Rooster lower himself.

Yale, Omaha, and Fritz approach the man taking a selfie with him. "Say cheese!" Rooster glares at the trio while finishing his push-ups. Hondo shakes his head in shock at their confidence.

Payback and Fanboy stood at the large window, looking out at Rooster as he finished his push-ups. "That should have been us down there." As Phoenix approaches the duo, Fanboy says. "But it isn't; now you know a little something about Rooster." She returns her attention to the radio.

Yale, Omaha, and Fritz didn't last long causing Colette to laugh at how easily they were taken out. "Smoked." Maverick stated before sending them down to do their push-ups. "Not so fun now, huh?" Hondo taunts as they start their push ups.

Colette completes the jet, reassembling everything she disassembled. She wiped her hands off and walked over to the tarmac, where Hondo, was standing watching Yale and Omaha complete tehir push-ups. She smirked at his delight at being the one doing the punishing. He felt completely at home.

"You're having a good time." Colette states making her presence known. "Hell, yeah." Hondo responds with a grin. Colette pats him on the back before walking past the break room, where the other aviators are listening to the radio as Phoenix, Bob, and Hangman are sent up.

"You know what Bob stands for? Baby on board." Hangman says chuckling as Phoenix goes to defend her WSO. "Don't take the bait Bob." Phoenix says. Colette rolls her eyes at Hangman's comment. Clearly he hadn't changed.