"Don't apologize. I'll be there in five." my father spoke. "Five?" I questioned since he lived further than that.

"Yup. Five. Stay on the phone." my father spoke.

I hid in the hallway closet as I heard my mother and Micheal still going at it. The yells. The hits. Everything.

I jumped at the sound of the front door slamming open. "Dominique! Dominique!" I heard my fathers voice. I immediately walked out of the closet with tears in my eyes.

"Hey. Hey pretty don't cry." my father kneeled down to me.

"My head hurts." I told him. "It's okay. I need you to go wait outside. Okay?" he asked. I nodded before making my way outside.

"Oh Micheal." I heard my father almost sing.

"Dominique, you little snitch." I heard Micheal say. "Aw stop being a little bitch Mike Mike." my father said, followed by commotion immediately afterwards.

I quickly went out on the porch. My mother joined me a few seconds later.

"Aw, Dominique I'm sorry." she tried to hug me. I pushed her away from me.

"Don't say sorry. You're not sorry. I tell you it's only getting worse mom and you don't listen to me. You never listen to me!" I cried.

"Dominique I-" my mother tried to speak. "No! Listen to me! Please!" I sobbed, grabbing her hand.

"Dominique stop it. If we don't make him mad then he won't-" she tried to explain.

"You're not listening!" I cried.

"Dominique! Dominique! Stop it!" she shouted.

*The Present*

"Dominique! Dominique give me the bottle!" Niya practically demanded.

I shook my head no while taking another sip of the alcohol in the bottle.

"Please Dominique. We're not doing this again this year." Niya sighed, sitting next to me on my bed. I rolled over, putting my back towards her.

"Don't you have practice tomorrow? You can't go to practice like this Dom." Niya expressed in a concerned voice.

"Fuck practice." I slurred out.

"Dominique, I really need you to stop drinking and give me the bottle. I know that you're going through a lot, especially around this time of the year, but drinking every year is not helping." Niya spoke.

I slowly got up out of bed and walked out of my room, stumbling a few times.

I drunk the last bit in the bottle as I approached the kitchen. I sat the bottle on the counter and opened the cabinet.

I reached for another bottle.

"Fuck!" I groaned since it was closed. I sat it down and reached for another bottle.

"Dominique." Niya sighed walking up behind me. "Please." I gave her a look. "No more." Niya sighed.

I rolled my eyes at her while walking away with the bottle in my hand. Niya ran up behind me and grabbed the bottle out of my hand.